Corsair Community

Will this fit?

JSG

Hi all

This is my first post here, so appology if it's put in the wrong place.

I'm looking into a new buid for a PC that i hope to last me about 3 years.

Build:

Case - Corsair Graphite 380T

MOBO - Asus Maximus VII Impact mini-itx

CPU - Intell I7-4790K

Cooler - Corsair H105

GFX - Asus Strix 980 OC.

RAM - 2x DDR3-2400 HyperX Beast XMP 8GB

HDD - 2x Samsung EVO 850 Pro 500GB

PSU - No idea, suggestions appriciated

My problem is to figure out if the setup fits in the 380T case, specialy the Mobo / cpu cooler combo, so i hope you can advice.

Regards

JSG

TastyPC is okay for reviews, but I prefer to also study a good, text/picture building reviews:

I did this before I bought my parts for my build - Look at at least 4-5 different reviews.

Yes I agree with you but I think she answers the question of will the h100i fits the case:D:

• 2 months later...

When installing the Corsair Hydro cooler or any radiator cooler, did you have any problems with the radiator+fans hitting the Asus' Impact Power II heatsink board that sticks up on the left hand side if you were to look at the board with the I/O ports facing you?

I was looking at the 380t, but afraid that with the H100i, the radiators and it's fan will be protruding too close to the motherboard and hit that part of the Asus Maximus VII Impact

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
The fans and rad will get in the "neighborhood" of the Impact Power II daughterboard, but you should have enough clearance for everything.

Thanks Dustin! Could you confirm for sure? I just bought the Corsair 380t(base on your recommendation in my other post), the Corsair H100i along with the Asus Maximus Impact VII.

I was watching this video from Corair and it shows a Maximus Impact VI that has the Impact Power II daughterboard also.

[ame]

[/ame]

Is it because the daughter board between the Impact VI and Impact VII are different height and/or thickness?

If it doesn't fit, I may need to do a rush delivery for a different motherboard, get the Carbide Air 240, or just go air cool.

Any other options I have with the H100i in this case with this motherboard?

Thanks!

The 380T was designed specifically to house an H100i alongside the Impact VI and by extension, the Impact VII. You should be fine.

Thanks Dustin! My 380t comes in today from Amazon and trying to complete the build by tonight, burn in 24 hours, and get the system ready by Christmas day. :)

System Specs:

380t White

Asus Maximus VII Impact

Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866C9 2x8GB

Corsair AX760i

• 10 months later...

Archived