Corsair Community

Shutting down all the time, now won't detect my commander pro

Pinworm45

Hi. So I'm going to start before my current PC. I ended up buying fully into the corsair ecosystem at my friends recommendation, and bought a new PC during black friday sales. But I had to wait on my new CPU which I got this week.

While waiting, I ended up getting ambient lighting strips for my old PC, to prepare. This is where I noticed problem one. ICue shuts down randomly, closes itself for no apparent reason. This happens on both my old PC and my entirely new PC (the only thing shared among them is the GPU).

Today however, I woke up and not only did ICUE shut down, now it won't detect the commander pro in my new computer. All the fans are still working and the RGB is on its last effect, I literally just slept and the computer didn't even go into sleep mode, it just downloaded stuff during the night with my monitors off.

I've rebooted, reinstalled. It won't show up. ICUE just closed itself too as if to mock me.

I'm not going to lie, I'm very frustrated. I essentially a LOT of money on all of this getting entirely corsair products, and it's essentially not working now.

In researching the problem, the best I could find was 8 months ago someone said the closing icue problem was a known issue and was a top priority.. no reply after 8 months with people asking if there's any update

Like I said I spent a lot of money on all of this, this is a big problem for me

Noticed in my device manager that I have an Unknown USB device (Device descriptor failed). I also heard the USB failed sound a couple times and got a USB device malfunctioned error in windows

It hasn't shown up again. Tried changing the USB header it was on on my mobo, no luck

Actually maybe the internal USB splitter did work.. I disabled the USB device with the malfunction in my device manager, then enabled it, and it detected a device.. now it seems to work.. hopefully it won't disappear again. Otherwise it seems like the NZXT or whatever internal USB thing did the trick (so far)

• 4 months later...

I am a first time builder.

I just received my aio cooler, and 3 corsair fans and one led strip set with an rgb pro controller. With a lack of mobo usb slots i went and bought a command pro to be able to connect all cables more efficiently. Prior to installing the command pro, icue worked fine. After having sorted all cabling issues out i went to restart icue. it opens, task manager sees it. The windows "thinking" circle appears next to my curser and icue closes out.

It appears as though windows is shutting it down. I am unable to find any data as to the reason for application shut down. I have done download repairs and complete clean downloads of icue. None of that has worked. Nothing else is running according to task manager. I haven't downloaded anything new between the time icue worked and didn't. I at one point had other control software downloaded, never attempted to run multiple at one time. I have attempted to undownload them then run icue and that didnt work either. All my rgb items are lit except the strip and they are all holding at rainbow. From what i can see in icue when it opens (for about a minute) is that all applicable hardware is visible.

I looked into what was posted below but all of my usb options in device manager look fine.

I honestly dont know what else to try.

What should i do?