Corsair Community

BSODs after Firmware update in iCUE

dcfoster15

I updated my Dominator Platinum RGB RAM in iCUE. Since then I get about one BSOD per week and they are starting to become more frequent than that.

Is there any way to de-update my firmware to a previous version? Im almost 100% sure that the RAM firmware update that corsair is using has a flaw.

This is a pretty pricey build I got going on and im getting tired of losing data when working spreadsheets because of a fautly update.

Firstly this is something I don't know about and am just making suggestions.

As far as I know there is no firmware update for the RAM, rather what you are looking at here is that iCEU has updated - and it's iCEU that's causing the issue. So the very first thing I would try is going back to a known working version of iCEU.

If you didn't keep earlier versions, then Corsair may be able to help ( I don't think they post old versions online, which is why I keep them all on my PC lol ).

One question here though, have you tried running the PC without iCEU running?

• Corsair Employee
Memory firmware updates shouldn't be causing BSODs as the firmware is only for the MCU that controls the LEDs. If you have a previous version of iCUE downloaded to your PC, try to roll back to that. We should be expecting a new version of iCUE in the next week or so. You can also attempt to repair iCUE by right clicking the installer and running the "repair" command.