Corsair Community

Polling rate question (dark core se)

jayseearr

Ok firstly to give you guys some context here:

mouse and keyboard recently became compatible on xbox one and today I bought the Dark Core RGB SE gaming mouse. Fortnite and warframe are two games I enjoy and in order to play either with the mouse one must get into the iCUE software and supposedly change the polling rate to minimize input lag due to the fact that this is a new feature on xbox these peripherals are not necessarily optimized for this kind of thing yet, nonetheless this website says this input lag issue can be fixed or severely reduced by change the polling rate to 125/8. Below is the text taken directly from corsairs site

1. Install iCUE from corsair.com and launch

Note: If you already have iCUE installed, update to the latest version if prompted

2. Go to the settings panel and click the device you wish to modify for Xbox One

3. Click “Update” firmware to ensure your device is up-to-date

4. Click the “Polling rate” drop down box and select “125 Hz / 8 msec”

Note: This is recommended especially for mice to reduce visible lag in certain games

I completed steps 1-3 the software is updated as well as the firmware for the mouse itself. My issue is with step 4 where it says select polling rate drop down box....I have looked and tried clicking on everything and doing everything I could think of but I simply cannot find a polling rate option anywhere. Under device settings there is only brightness and battery options? I tried clicking on dpi settings/lighting effects/performance tabs and all had nothing also? does anyone know where or how I can find this mysterious polling rate option with the latest firmware because it is not where corsair says it should be...any help would be appreciated

• Corsair Employee

The 4th step is currently not available for Dark Core mouse. It will support Minecraft using default setting for now.

We should have included this part on that blog for clarification. I'll get that sorted out. Sorry for the confusion.

**DARK CORE currently supports Minecraft and an update will be released soon to enable compatibility with other Xbox One games.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/xbox-one-support

Archived