The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2019, 03:08 AM
Fredlaca's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009530
Fredlaca Reputation: 10

No he is not alone with this problem ...
Old 06-28-2019, 04:00 AM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009534
Mussels Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredlaca View Post
No he is not alone with this problem ...
i changed internal USB port and my issues went away

there is some driver issues for some people, but when it works static and not rainbow its likely power related
Old 06-28-2019, 06:39 AM

POST ID # = 1009539
Mrbenss Reputation: 10

Same thing since since the update, my fans the colors have less speed, than usual .. I do not know what to do is LL120
Old 06-28-2019, 11:26 AM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009562
Waukeen Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
i changed internal USB port and my issues went away

there is some driver issues for some people, but when it works static and not rainbow its likely power related
First what works for you does not work for all. Nice to know you seem to be able to diagnose low power issues with next to no information. The bit I have experienced with this myself is that up until 3.14.101 I was unable to even use the static work around.

Second if a different port worked for those of us who have dealt with this for ages, then this issue wouldn't be a thing. Same with getting an internal (or external) hub to resolve this. That is about the worst possible fix. "Hey guys we know our devices are FUBARd on some boards, and while we know you spent $$$ on the hardware under the assumption it would work right, you will need to go out and buy XYZ brand hub to fix this." If that sounds ludicrous then you understand why that "fix" is totally and 100% unacceptable.

To note, I have solved my issues, somewhat. It only involved a complete platform switch from AMD to Intel (not a fan boy of either). And a new keyboard. And headset. And mouse, mousepad and headset stand along with the rest. Now I have to debate whether or not to update ICurse and what the risk could be if I do every time there is an update. So yeah, I would say I have some experience with this....issue.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:15 AM
TateM's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010021
TateM Reputation: 10

Worst ****ing driver I've ever come across, will never buy Corsair again due to this ****.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Rendell's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010036
Rendell Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
you most likely have an issue with your USB header not providing enough power
I have it on a powered extender right now and only the K95 pluged into it. The USB port is 3.0 so power is not the problem.

It also does it on my other computer with a 1000w ps. Again is not power!
Old 07-02-2019, 03:47 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendell View Post
I have it on a powered extender right now and only the K95 pluged into it. The USB port is 3.0 so power is not the problem.

It also does it on my other computer with a 1000w ps. Again is not power!
I have a couple questions here, what other devices do you have from Corsair on your system atm?

And when the lighting goes down does it affect those devices as well in any way (if you have others that is)?

Have you tried forcing a firmware update to the keyboard even if it already says it has the most recent (apparently the FW can corrupt itself based off some things I have seen on here)?

And just want to confirm, you said the issue happens even with static colors?

When the lighting crashes do you have the LED bar at the top doing anything, or do you just set the keys to say, white, and the same thing happens? (If this question isn't clear let me know and I'll ask it a different way but it will help fill in a piece of the puzzle for me)

The reason I am asking is I have some suspicions on a couple things one of which involves that keyboard. And to confirm your stance on power not being the issue I have the K95 Platinum (second one now) into 2xUSB3 ports and no issues, but I have also had it on 2.0 without a problem either, so you are correct that power isn't the problem most likely.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Rendell's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010235
Rendell Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waukeen View Post
I have a couple questions here, what other devices do you have from Corsair on your system atm?

And when the lighting goes down does it affect those devices as well in any way (if you have others that is)?

Have you tried forcing a firmware update to the keyboard even if it already says it has the most recent (apparently the FW can corrupt itself based off some things I have seen on here)?

And just want to confirm, you said the issue happens even with static colors?

When the lighting crashes do you have the LED bar at the top doing anything, or do you just set the keys to say, white, and the same thing happens? (If this question isn't clear let me know and I'll ask it a different way but it will help fill in a piece of the puzzle for me)

The reason I am asking is I have some suspicions on a couple things one of which involves that keyboard. And to confirm your stance on power not being the issue I have the K95 Platinum (second one now) into 2xUSB3 ports and no issues, but I have also had it on 2.0 without a problem either, so you are correct that power isn't the problem most likely.
I have 1 trackball by Logitech and the K95

When it stops nothing is affected in any way. Just the K95.

I forced Firmware only 1 time. When I first got it.

Yes, it does it with solid colors but not with Instant Lighting.

When it stops working All the LED's stop. including the Corsair Light Bar.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:44 AM

POST ID # = 1010258
silencer12 Reputation: 10

I had problems after installing the software. I tried to uninstall it because of technical errors. It wouldn't let me even after using troubleshooting software to remove core files needed by iCue to run. I tried booting into safemode to remove the files, and that did not work.

I had to restore my computer or "reset" to an earlier time period before installing the icue software update.

Windows 10.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:35 AM
Ogmeg's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010337
Ogmeg Reputation: 10

Hi, i have a issue with the 3.17.94 update. Icue finds 6 fans and 2 pumps on my H110i gt cooler. I cant set custom fan curves. One of the two fans is running custom fan curve and one is running on full speed all the time. Im using LL fans on the cooler. What to do with this ?
Old 07-06-2019, 07:09 AM

POST ID # = 1010441
Alax Reputation: 10

does anyone that have install this version not having any issue? is the latest version stable for update? I had downgrade to 3.14 after the previous version 3.16 keep losing the default profile and gone silent mode on startup.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:22 AM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alax View Post
does anyone that have install this version not having any issue? is the latest version stable for update? I had downgrade to 3.14 after the previous version 3.16 keep losing the default profile and gone silent mode on startup.
While that is a loaded question I will say yes there is someone. Haven't had issues yet but then again with all the issues ICurse there is every likelihood that there is a problem but none that I have run into yet. It did fix the deleting fan curves and profiles though so there is that.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:19 PM
Sohco's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010482
Sohco Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronar View Post
Update rolled back my Nvidia drivers. I had to reinstall the latest GPU drivers from 5/27. Besides that it seems to be working OK, kept my fan profiles.

Same with my RTX 2070 drivers. Had to completely re install my NVIDIA drivers to get my triple screen desktop back to normal.....
Old 07-06-2019, 09:19 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010492

I was hoping the graphics drivers being damaged by the update was a joke....I was wrong.

Microsoft: "The October update is deleting the documents directory?"
Corsair: "Pfft....hold my beer."
Old 07-08-2019, 04:43 PM
Xavierthe15's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010612
Xavierthe15 Reputation: 10

My LL fans RGB are completely spazzing out, even rolling back to 3.10.127 barely helped. My newly installed Commander Pro is not happy at all. Both the H100i and the AX1600i that are connected to the usb headers on the Pro are completely unresponsive. It's as if the hardware isn't even there. Corsair, get your act together. I'm investing WAY too much money to have this many issues.