Corsair Community

Led strips getting frozen in one colour

kasperzom

I am running iCUE 3.9.39 on my desktop and have a SPEC Omega RGB with an LNP installed. On the LNP are two HD fans and 4 led strips. Everything was working perfectly up till recently when I updated to the latest firmware and iCUE version and I started experiencing freezes on my four led strips, where all leds except one little led light stop doing my profile cycles and get stuck in one color. Only a cold reboot of the system helps restore everything and minutes later it freezes again. No idea what to do. Rolled back to 3.8.91 but that doesnt help. I dont know where I can find older firmware versions of the LNP to i can roll those back?

So the application responds, but the RGB devices don't? Have you tried instant lighting? I think there might be a restart button in settings, you could try that too.

Exactly I have the opposite of what many people have (i.e. freezing app). The appis working and can control all my devices and monitor all health settings. Only the four led strips are frozen in one color. I have tried restarting the service but the led strips dont respond to iCUE anymore, and stay in the same frozen mode. Very weird behavior but it was observed by others as well.

Exactly I have the opposite of what many people have (i.e. freezing app). The appis working and can control all my devices and monitor all health settings. Only the four led strips are frozen in one color. I have tried restarting the service but the led strips dont respond to iCUE anymore, and stay in the same frozen mode. Very weird behavior but it was observed by others as well.

Do you have any other Corsair iCUE compatible devices in your system? Also could you fill out your System Spec sheet in your profile?

Do you have any other Corsair iCUE compatible devices in your system? Also could you fill out your System Spec sheet in your profile?

Thanks for the reply, I have updated my specs.

Also, i have the following Corsair appliances:

- Corsair SPEC Omega RGB case

- Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM

- Corsair H100i cooling

- 2 x HD fan

- 3x LL fan

- LNP with 4 led strips (these are freezing)

- K86 keyboard

- Glaive mouse

- Void Pro headset (wired)

- ST100 headset stand

- MM800 mousemat

Thanks for the reply, I have updated my specs.

Also, i have the following Corsair appliances:

- Corsair SPEC Omega RGB case

- Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM

- Corsair H100i cooling

- 2 x HD fan

- 3x LL fan

- LNP with 4 led strips (these are freezing)

- K86 keyboard

- Glaive mouse

- Void Pro headset (wired)

- ST100 headset stand

- MM800 mousemat

Are you only seeing this with the LNP connected products? Is everything else fine? You could try forcing a new firmware update and if that doesn't work, I would open a support ticket. There might be something wrong with your LNP as I am not hearing or seeing this from other people.

• 4 weeks later...
the weird thing about it, the first 4-5 minutes it works normally before everything freezes. this leads me to believe something happens in the computer while I am gaming that causes this to happen. I have fans connected to channel 2 of the same LNP that do not freeze. It's only the strips....

• 5 months later...
the weird thing about it, the first 4-5 minutes it works normally before everything freezes. this leads me to believe something happens in the computer while I am gaming that causes this to happen. I have fans connected to channel 2 of the same LNP that do not freeze. It's only the strips....

Hey mate, Im having exactly the same issue with my rgb strips (4 strips). They freeze when I play video games but works fine when not gaming.

I know this is an old post but have you fixed your issue? Thanks.

My LED strips are connected to a lighting node pro and work fine, but i do get freezing LL120 fans after a few minutes. These are connected to inbuilt 1000d commander pro. Although odd, other fans connected to same commander pro on LED option 2 work fine.

Same Problem here, also some LED lights disappear for some seconds and then come back, or when im on instant lighting, after some minutes one fan in the back switches the colors randomly and switches back to the instant lightin. i have the problem since last 2 updates.

My LED strips are connected to a lighting node pro and work fine, but i do get freezing LL120 fans after a few minutes. These are connected to inbuilt 1000d commander pro. Although odd, other fans connected to same commander pro on LED option 2 work fine.

My 4 rgb strips are connected to LED2 of Commander pro and 6 ll120 fans to LED 1. I only have issues with my strips freezing:[pouts:.

Same issue here, I even wrote a thread about it here some weeks ago, with no solution.

For me it started appearing with the previous icue update.

What I did to solve it: only connect 2 LED strips per channel. Then it works. It's dumb, but it works.

My 4 rgb strips are connected to LED2 of Commander pro and 6 ll120 fans to LED 1. I only have issues with my strips freezing:[pouts:.

Sounds the same but switched around on LED ports.

For me restarting ICUE doesn't seem to reset LED 1 LL120 but LED 2 and light node pro LED 1 and 2 all restart fine.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey mate, Im having exactly the same issue with my rgb strips (4 strips). They freeze when I play video games but works fine when not gaming.

I know this is an old post but have you fixed your issue? Thanks.

Just an update on my issue; Corsair support team was really helpful and they sent me new rgb strips and the problem is gone :biggrin: . So the issue was due to faulty strips.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this problem as well. I have 2 lighting node pros in my system, one that controls 3 ML 120 rgb fans and one light strip. The other controls two lights strips (each on a different channel) that I have on the back of my EK water blocks, these are the ones giving me problems.

When I first started up the system and installed icue everything was working fine. After a few hours the light strips on the graphics cards were frozen, except for the first two leds(which still seem to work properly). I rebooted and everything started working again, but the two light strips froze again after a while of playing games.

Now when I start up my system, the strip on the bottom card is dark except for the first two lights. The strip on the top card works for a few minutes, then all but the first two leds freeze. I can't tell if it's a hardware problem or software problem.

• 1 year later...