The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.60 average. Display Modes
Old 07-13-2019, 06:48 PM
skylined45's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011108
skylined45 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by svandive View Post
So its there a comprehensive list of what is support and what isn't?

I was about to move over from NZXT to Corsair iCUE when I change from an All in One cooling solution to a Custom Loop on my Hackintosh. The main reason for going with Corsair was getting support inside iCue for Mac for Fan curves, and Lighting....

Sounds like lights and fans and such aren't supported in iCUE for Mac??

Thanks for any pointers to a supported list of items...
I think the original post is updated with what is supported. There is community software that's been developed to support keyboards as well. As far as I can tell though there is nothing that supports internals - fans, light strips, anything else attached to the LNP, AIO coolers, etc.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:29 PM

POST ID # = 1011212
svandive Reputation: 10

This is disappointing. While I totally get Corsair or other manufactures not going out of their way to support Hackintosh machines I was still hoping we would get a pull through on this one. Was kind of hoping the internals would get support right along with the other items.

It's funny how the folks who make this hardware for the PC industry seem to treat the software as a second class citizen. When it really comes down to it the software isn't particularly good for any of the manufactures, and it's also not hard to create at all.... It has always seemed amazing to me.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:17 AM

POST ID # = 1011292
kchen13 Reputation: 10

The amount of entitlement here is disgusting. No one here should have bought Corsair products thinking it'll be a great macOS peripheral b/c I can't find one product Corsair makes that actually says macOS compatible.

Most if not all of you either purchased Corsair products for Windows and knew you would deal with it on mac/hackintosh systems.

As a hackintosh user (more than 6 years), be grateful they even opened up a beta and are trying to expand into the Apple Ecosystem. The hackintosh community is not as big a market as some of you think. Hate to break it to you guys but literally no one cares much about the hackintosh community b/c if someone did it would be Apple and they would have shut down it a long time ago.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:23 PM
skylined45's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011341

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchen13 View Post
The amount of entitlement here is disgusting. No one here should have bought Corsair products thinking it'll be a great macOS peripheral b/c I can't find one product Corsair makes that actually says macOS compatible.

Most if not all of you either purchased Corsair products for Windows and knew you would deal with it on mac/hackintosh systems.

As a hackintosh user (more than 6 years), be grateful they even opened up a beta and are trying to expand into the Apple Ecosystem. The hackintosh community is not as big a market as some of you think. Hate to break it to you guys but literally no one cares much about the hackintosh community b/c if someone did it would be Apple and they would have shut down it a long time ago.
Expressing disappointment in the limited functionality of a product isn’t entitlement, and Corsair obviously welcomes the feedback. It’s typically better then customers just disappearing. Your ‘be grateful for what you get’ mentality in a thread meant for community feedback seems, uh, a little misplaced.

I mean, I shouldn’t have to hook up my fans to a windows machine to get them to display the default rainbow coloration out of the box. It’s obvious the LNPs firmware can be preloaded to do this on its own.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:22 PM
BlackScorpion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011437
BlackScorpion Reputation: 10

I'm grateful for Corsair testing the mac beta, my only issue is the lack of feedback given to us, would be nice to know if they are working on correcting the issues that broke a functioning version, to a dysfunctional beta. As I said, I'm grateful for them taking the challenge, but maybe proving us tester some feedback also would be nice.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:40 AM

POST ID # = 1011444

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylined45 View Post
Expressing disappointment in the limited functionality of a product isn’t entitlement, and Corsair obviously welcomes the feedback. It’s typically better then customers just disappearing. Your ‘be grateful for what you get’ mentality in a thread meant for community feedback seems, uh, a little misplaced.

I mean, I shouldn’t have to hook up my fans to a windows machine to get them to display the default rainbow coloration out of the box. It’s obvious the LNPs firmware can be preloaded to do this on its own.
This isn't limited functionality of a product, this is an expansion of many products' functionality and use cases. You purchased a product knowing this compatibility didn't even exist for macOS. And now your complaining that it still doesn't? That's not feedback that's just ignorance. Feedback is like "hey could we get iCue to use less system resources? It's a bit on the heavy side."

What a lot of people are doing here is the equivalent of someone buying a minivan and then being disappointed and complaining to the manufacture why their minivan still isn't capable of going off road yet.

My keyboard and mouse worked fine on Windows with iCue. I purchased these products knowing very well I wouldn't have their support in macOS. Now suddenly I do and I'm grateful for that. Then there's you with your fans and having expectations of compatibility in macOS. RGB fans and macOS, think about that for a second. I can't wait for the Apple Store to start selling Corsair RGB fans with Apple Care so the genius bar can help people figure out where they go on Macs.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:57 AM
skylined45's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011461

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchen13 View Post
This isn't limited functionality of a product, this is an expansion of many products' functionality and use cases. You purchased a product knowing this compatibility didn't even exist for macOS. And now your complaining that it still doesn't? That's not feedback that's just ignorance. Feedback is like "hey could we get iCue to use less system resources? It's a bit on the heavy side."

What a lot of people are doing here is the equivalent of someone buying a minivan and then being disappointed and complaining to the manufacture why their minivan still isn't capable of going off road yet.

My keyboard and mouse worked fine on Windows with iCue. I purchased these products knowing very well I wouldn't have their support in macOS. Now suddenly I do and I'm grateful for that. Then there's you with your fans and having expectations of compatibility in macOS. RGB fans and macOS, think about that for a second. I can't wait for the Apple Store to start selling Corsair RGB fans with Apple Care so the genius bar can help people figure out where they go on Macs.
You’re whining that people are giving feedback about the product compatibility in the thread about product compatibility.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:28 PM

POST ID # = 1011520

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylined45 View Post
You’re whining that people are giving feedback about the product compatibility in the thread about product compatibility.
Your feedback is not on compatibility. It's wanting compatibility with parts that aren't listed here or are even meant for Macs.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:14 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1012286
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Hi team,

I have updated iCUE Beta to v3.18. As we start gearing up for launch (and with the expectation that the audio driver will be reimplemented back into iCUE v3.19), this may be the second to last update on this thread. As always, feel free to DM me with any feedback or concerns.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 07-25-2019, 09:58 PM
BlackScorpion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Hi team,

I have updated iCUE Beta to v3.18. As we start gearing up for launch (and with the expectation that the audio driver will be reimplemented back into iCUE v3.19), this may be the second to last update on this thread. As always, feel free to DM me with any feedback or concerns.

I can confirm this latest update (3.18.) has NOT corrected the issue where the Void pro headset is not detected like it previously did in version 3.15, so back to downgrading, I go once again. Hope these issues get corrected before releasing the software with existing issues.

Last edited by BlackScorpion; 07-25-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:50 PM
BlackScorpion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012690

Question for people running the void pro wireless and k55 and Harpoon rgb keyboard & mouse, can you tell me what firmware you are currently using?

My k55 rgb keyboard is running firmware v. 30.06
Harpoon mouse is not detected, but seems to work fine
Void Pro wireless headset is running v. 0.15

@corsair James, i Dm'd you.

Last edited by BlackScorpion; 07-26-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:54 PM
BlackScorpion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012812

OK got a question for you guys. On my mac when i update to 3.18 the Void pro headset is not detected, but when i run windows with 3.18 the headset is detected? how is that? I;m not able to upgrade to anything higher then 3.15 without losing the option to control the headset. While in Windows i also checked the firmware version for the headset and according to the app, 0.15 is the lastest version.

Corsair James, are you going to respond to my DM?

Last edited by BlackScorpion; 07-27-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:36 PM

POST ID # = 1012815
gleep52 Reputation: 10

Will there be support for the mice in the future? I've got a CORSAIR Scimitar Pro RGB I'd love to fully utilize on macOS. :)
Old 07-31-2019, 02:01 PM

POST ID # = 1013266
TanksDad13 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Hi team,

James,

Has there been any update on the iCue software not detecting devices? I installed 3.18.77 today and don't see my Headphones Model - RDA0011
Old 07-31-2019, 06:46 PM

POST ID # = 1013287
modicus Reputation: 10

Hi all,

May I please ask how do one UNinstall the iCue properly?

Many thanks