The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2018, 05:14 PM
FacePUSH's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970320
FacePUSH Reputation: 10
Default H100i GTX

Just wondering if it is normal for the H100i GTX to have liquid line temps over 38.5c while gaming.

Even currently as we speak. My Core Temps are at 29.9-30.1C and the Temperature coming off the h100i (What I assume is liquid line and or Rad) sitting at 28.7C.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:34 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970328
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacePUSH View Post
Just wondering if it is normal for the H100i GTX to have liquid line temps over 38.5c while gaming.
It can ... much of it depends on how the cooling for the rest of your system is working. If this is happening during gaming only, rather than during an extended CPU-only load (such as with AIDA, etc), then it's likely being impacted by the waste heat from the GPU. This is actually pretty common and the result of the overall airflow and cooling for your system not taking the GPU heat properly into account. GPUs put of a lot of waste heat and when coolers are installed at the top as exhaust, they tend to suck this heat in and that can actually warm up the cooler.

The solution for this is better management of overall case airflow, particular when running a mixed CPU/GPU load. If your case fans are controlled based on the CPU temperature, you may want to rethink that and use an internal case ambient temperature - note, however that case temperatures won't have as wide of a range as CPU temperatures and adjust your fan curves accordingly. In my system, I've found that the rear exhaust actually has more impact on overall system-wide (and case internal) temperatures than any other single fan. YMMV, of course, based on your case, your airflow and your components.

This is one of the things that makes the Commander Pro such a compelling and interesting device - it will directly measure internal case temperatures and allow you to control your fan speeds based on those temperatures (and is exactly how I have my system configured).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacePUSH View Post
Even currently as we speak. My Core Temps are at 29.9-30.1C and the Temperature coming off the h100i (What I assume is liquid line and or Rad) sitting at 28.7C.
That's sounds pretty good.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:54 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970333
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 104

If there was a cooler malfunction, you likely would not be able to hold that 28-30C coolant temp and it would consistently drift upwards, only coming down during long power off states. It is also common to see +10C coolant deltas when gaming, more than if you ran a CPU only max load test. This is not all CPU heat, but typically the interior compartment is warmed by the GPU waste heat, which then boosts the coolant and CPU temps as well. You can try increasing the rear fan speed to force more warm air out the back rather than through the top exhaust(?) radiator. You could also trying front mounting the radiator, if your case permits it. That may move the radiator out of the GPU heat zone, but there may also be a penalty in terms of intake airflow. Hard to make guaranteed recommendations and a lot of this is case and use specific. Best thing to do is try other arrangements and see. However at present, your temps are pretty much like everyone else in Summertime. Soon enough the temps will drop and so will everything else.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:14 AM
FacePUSH's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970363
FacePUSH Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
If there was a cooler malfunction, you likely would not be able to hold that 28-30C coolant temp and it would consistently drift upwards, only coming down during long power off states. It is also common to see +10C coolant deltas when gaming, more than if you ran a CPU only max load test. This is not all CPU heat, but typically the interior compartment is warmed by the GPU waste heat, which then boosts the coolant and CPU temps as well. You can try increasing the rear fan speed to force more warm air out the back rather than through the top exhaust(?) radiator. You could also trying front mounting the radiator, if your case permits it. That may move the radiator out of the GPU heat zone, but there may also be a penalty in terms of intake airflow. Hard to make guaranteed recommendations and a lot of this is case and use specific. Best thing to do is try other arrangements and see. However at present, your temps are pretty much like everyone else in Summertime. Soon enough the temps will drop and so will everything else.
I appreciate the feedback guys. I was just a bit worried. Keep in mind. I have had this rig setup for about a year now. Haven't gamed much this summer. That is probably where the panic came from. Not to mentioned that I moved from a Corsair Air 540 to an offshore full tower which actually has tremendous airflow.

I'll definitely take all the advise into strong consideration.