The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2018, 12:30 AM
Asylum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951771
Asylum Reputation: 10
Default iCUE won't detect any of my devices.

I have a Commander Pro with 3 HD120 fans installed, a H100i v2, and a hx1200i. None of these devices will show up in iCUE. I have went through the various threads and googled possible fixes but none of the fixes or suggestions i found seemed to work for me. I even completely reinstalled windows and tried installing iCUE before any other drivers or programs and it still refuses to detect any of my devices but, corsair link works just fine. lol
Old 04-24-2018, 09:59 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951808
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Which version of Corsair Link are you using? If iCue is installed, Link should surrender control of the devices; if it's not doing this, you have an older version of Link and it's causing conflicts.

Otherwise, can you export your logs and system info from iCue? (Under Settings ... there is a button at the bottom).

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:48 AM
Asylum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951909

Thanks for the help.

The version of CL I'm using is "4.9.7.35" there doesn't seem to be a newer version available.

+here are the logs from iCUE

edit:i tried version 3.2.87 and it still is refusing to detect any of my devices.
Attached Files
File Type: zip log1.zip (21.5 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by Asylum; 04-25-2018 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:01 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951930

OK, that's the correct version of CL.

And to confirm ... CL sees your devices but iCue doesn't? Is CL surrendering control once you have iCue installed?

With your HD fans, are they controlled by a Lighting Node Pro or the push button controller?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:19 AM
Dan_O's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952089
Dan_O Reputation: 10

I had this kind of problem but after I shut down EVGA led sync from booting on windows start then the problem was solved. If you have EVGA led sync on try to stop it from running on windows start and restart your pc. Hope this helps!
Old 04-26-2018, 07:50 PM
Asylum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
OK, that's the correct version of CL.

And to confirm ... CL sees your devices but iCue doesn't? Is CL surrendering control once you have iCue installed?

With your HD fans, are they controlled by a Lighting Node Pro or the push button controller?

correct, CL works just fine but iCUE doesn't. what's even stranger is yesterday i just installed a brand new x470 C7H motherboard and reinstalled windows and just installed iCUE and still it refuses to detect any of my devices. my HD fans do use the lighting node that came with them in the box which is then chained to my commander pro.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:56 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952237

OK, take a look at USBDeView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) and see what it shows.
Corsair devices have a Vendor ID of 1b1c. This will tell us if the system is detecting them on USB.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:13 PM
Asylum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952361

Quote:
OK, take a look at USBDeView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) and see what it shows.
Corsair devices have a Vendor ID of 1b1c. This will tell us if the system is detecting them on USB.
ok, here is what USBDeview is showing for my devices with that device ID.
As far as i can tell everything is showing up mostly.. the blank one at the top is probably my power supply.
Attached Images
File Type: png usbview.png (76.2 KB, 318 views)
Old 04-27-2018, 04:24 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952363

Yes, 1c08 is the HX1200i PSU.

Now that we've verified that the devices are all present, our next step is to get a log from iCue. Can you go to Export System Info and Logs ... and then add the service logs from %ProgramData%\Corsair\CUE?

Old 04-27-2018, 04:35 PM
Asylum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952364

Quote:
Yes, 1c08 is the HX1200i PSU.

Now that we've verified that the devices are all present, our next step is to get a log from iCue. Can you go to Export System Info and Logs ... and then add the service logs from %ProgramData%\Corsair\CUE?
ok thanks!

here are the logs that you requested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip infolog.zip (20.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: log Service_Trace.log (21.8 KB, 153 views)
Old 04-27-2018, 04:43 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952367

Is there a service_error.log as well?
The trace seems to indicate that the service isn't detecting them either. Which is odd ... but could possibly be due to WMI database corruption/issues. I would hope that we'd see something in the error log from that.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:48 PM
Asylum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952369

Quote:
Is there a service_error.log as well?
The trace seems to indicate that the service isn't detecting them either. Which is odd ... but could possibly be due to WMI database corruption/issues. I would hope that we'd see something in the error log from that.
There isn't any "service_error.log" files in that location there is only that "service_trace.log" file. There's a "debuglogging" file in the settings folder but that's about it for the ProgramData folder.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:49 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952377

And can you verify that the Corsair Service is running? This is quite odd.

And Link picks everything up just fine? For the Link devices, both iCue and Link use very similar, if not identical, detection routines. So it's truly strange that one sees them and the other doesn't.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:19 PM
Asylum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952388

Quote:
And can you verify that the Corsair Service is running? This is quite odd.

And Link picks everything up just fine? For the Link devices, both iCue and Link use very similar, if not identical, detection routines. So it's truly strange that one sees them and the other doesn't.
link works great for controlling and monitoring my devices. I attached a couple more screenshots verifying that the service is running. the other two are what i see when i use CL vs what i see when i use iCUE.
Attached Images
File Type: png CLservice.png (61.6 KB, 211 views)
File Type: png link.png (195.4 KB, 246 views)
File Type: png cue.png (1.41 MB, 182 views)
Old 04-28-2018, 10:06 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952457

Unfortunately, at this point, I'd have to suggest that you stick with Link and give the next iCue build a shot. :-(
We've got nothing from the logs that would help us understand what the error is - and it's truly bizarre that Link picks up the devices but iCue doesen't.