Corsair Community

465X isn't really compatible with iCUE?

Thorz

Hi,

I had the 500D SE RGB and exchanged it for the 465X.

While in the 500D everything worked excellent, in the 465X something is a bit off and I'm not sure what.

When I load custom profiles in iCUE, only some of them change the case fans colors and some only change the keyboard and the mouse (however with the 500D the case fans changed colors to match the keyboard and the mouse 100% of the time).

Also, starting The Division 2 makes the keyboard and the mouse change to the game integration profile but the case mostly doesn't (only once it fully worked and synced to the game profile with the mouse and the keyboard - rest of the time all of the led's of the case fans go black).

Given that the 500D worked perfectly and the 465X only works half of the time.. is it really fully compatible with iCUE? Not sure what's going on

Of course it's compatible. It's a case. You haven't elaborated, but I will assume you took the motherboard, CPU, drives, etc. from the 500D and moved it into the 465x. Unless that included the Commander Pro that was your lighting interface, then you have made a material change. If you are running the LL fans on the 465X through the Lighting Node Core, that is a different physical device. iCUE doesn't just take your old settings and automatically convert them to some other format. If you loaded up iCUE again on the same C: drive, it's looking for your Commander Pro. If you go to your LNC tab and look at the fan lighting, is there anything there?

If you are running from the Lighting Node Core, you will need to make sure it is set up properly in the Lighting Set-up tab, then recreate fan lighting within your existing profiles. Option 2 is re-import all your saved lighting profiles. That may replicate the lighting patterns as they were before. All your profile exports will need to be from iCUE 3.14 or later. Older stuff won't load. Make sure you back up your existing C: Users/name/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair folder prior to importing. Cut and paste it to the desktop or somewhere else safe. That is all your profiles and settings. Option 3 would be to take the Commander Pro from the 500D and replace the LNC with it. iCUE should recognize it as the same device. Of course, if you had 3 LL before and say 6 LL now, you will still need to adjust your lighting to match.

The few SDK game effects like Division 2 should work regardless of hardware. My best guess is the Lighting Node Core (which is new) was added after the last lighting update to the game. I have no idea about the protocols for that, how updates are done, if the publisher has to clear them, etc.

Of course it's compatible. It's a case. You haven't elaborated, but I will assume you took the motherboard, CPU, drives, etc. from the 500D and moved it into the 465x. Unless that included the Commander Pro that was your lighting interface, then you have made a material change. If you are running the LL fans on the 465X through the Lighting Node Core, that is a different physical device. iCUE doesn't just take your old settings and automatically convert them to some other format. If you loaded up iCUE again on the same C: drive, it's looking for your Commander Pro. If you go to your LNC tab and look at the fan lighting, is there anything there?

If you are running from the Lighting Node Core, you will need to make sure it is set up properly in the Lighting Set-up tab, then recreate fan lighting within your existing profiles. Option 2 is re-import all your saved lighting profiles. That may replicate the lighting patterns as they were before. All your profile exports will need to be from iCUE 3.14 or later. Older stuff won't load. Make sure you back up your existing C: Users/name/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair folder prior to importing. Cut and paste it to the desktop or somewhere else safe. That is all your profiles and settings. Option 3 would be to take the Commander Pro from the 500D and replace the LNC with it. iCUE should recognize it as the same device. Of course, if you had 3 LL before and say 6 LL now, you will still need to adjust your lighting to match.

The few SDK game effects like Division 2 should work regardless of hardware. My best guess is the Lighting Node Core (which is new) was added after the last lighting update to the game. I have no idea about the protocols for that, how updates are done, if the publisher has to clear them, etc.

Thanks. It was somehow related to the software as you said, however even after reinstalling I had some issues. Forcing a firmware update afterwards seems to finally make it work.