Corsair Community

iCue crashing USB Ports

jasonelmore

My USB ports have been crashing due to iCue for the past year and a half. I can close iCue out + stop the Corsair services and I have no problems what-so-ever, but as soon as I load iCue, my USB ports (all of them) will crash about once per hour. Sometimes the crashes are so drastic that they cause my games to crash (losing hours of game progress *looking at you Astroneer*, or the USB devices simply don't reinitialize, forcing me to do a forced reboot, possibly damaging my hard drives. Upon researching the crashing USB ports issue I've discovered it's widespread.

Through my reading, I learned that the issue is caused by USB sync issues across USB hubs from different manufacturers. Some users have success with putting all their USB devices on a single hub, but I have too many for that. Some reduce occurrences by lowering their USB polling rate, but my computer's USB still crashes. I'm to the point now where I'm selling my Corsair gear just to get rid of iCue. The only things I have left branded Corsair are my 6X LLRGB Fans and Corsair VOID RGB wireless headset (which will not function without iCue)

Has anyone else had any luck diagnosing and fixing this issue? Razer's Synapse 3 gives me no problems at all and it's capable of managing RGB across multiple devices/USB hubs perfectly and without issues. Why can't Corsair offer the same reliability with iCue?

• Intel 7900X 10C20T CPU
  • Asus Rampage VI Extreme
  • 32GB G.Skilll TridentZ RGB Ram 3200mhz
  • Corsair H1000i
  • Asus GTX 1080Ti Poseidon
  • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB NVME SSD
  • Seagate 6TB NAS Drives 2X in RAID 0
  • Custom EK Waterloop
  • NZXT Internal USB 2.0 Hub
  • Coolermaster C600S Mesh RGB