Corsair Community

6 Fans plus XD5 Pump but Commander pro only supports 6 headers

jbarker4682

So this entire process continues to be an exercise in frustration.. Two steps forward, one step back...

Finally got to the point where I'm trying to wire everything up and discover that I'm one fan header short and now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to proceed..

Per the XD5 directions, I need to plug its fan header connector into slot 6 on the Commander Pro, but I still have 6 LL120 Dual Light fans... so do I need to buy a 2nd Commander Pro for just a single fan header connection?

ARRRRRGHHH! I've spent almost $1300 on Corsair Hydro X parts and I STILL CAN"T GET THIS TO WORK!!!

per Zotto's directions, it says that the Commander Pro max amperage is 4.5amps for all connected devices including the MCU... per another article I read, the XD5 is 2.5 amps, plus 6 LL fans @ 0.3amps equals 1.8amps... 2.5 + 1.8 equals 4.3amps... not sure what the internal MCU runs, but I assume its more than .2 amps... can you confirm?

per Zotto's directions, it says that the Commander Pro max amperage is 4.5amps for all connected devices including the MCU... per another article I read, the XD5 is 2.5 amps, plus 6 LL fans @ 0.3amps equals 1.8amps... 2.5 + 1.8 equals 4.3amps... not sure what the internal MCU runs, but I assume its more than .2 amps... can you confirm?

The XD5 is a PWM pump and the connection to the Commander Pro is just to control the speed; power (the 2.5A draw for the actual pump) is supplied via the molex power cable. In other words, you'll be well under the maximum draw for the Commander Pro.

We are all pretty much in the same position since 6 fans is something of a magic number in the system. 2 way PWM splitter on #5. PWM control signal for the pump on #6. You only have to put the pump on #6 if you want to use the Corsair pump presets. If you are going to use your own speeds, it can go anywhere. Same thing with the fan splitter.
  • Thanks 1

The XD5 is a PWM pump and the connection to the Commander Pro is just to control the speed; power (the 2.5A draw for the actual pump) is supplied via the molex power cable. In other words, you'll be well under the maximum draw for the Commander Pro.

Ahh... ok, that makes sense... thanks for the clarification... got the Y-Splitter on order... now just waiting on Corsair to get more RGB LED Fan Hubs in stock... been waiting on mine for 2 weeks and it still says back-ordered...