Corsair Community

HS1 - Voice Channel Issues

Dunnlang

I am having serious issues with anything perceived as a voice channel through my USB HS1 headset.

I noticed it about a week and a half ago in Teamspeak. Users would fade in and out while speaking, but mostly out. Even the test tone in the Teamspeak settings fades in and out. I re installed Teamseapk and the USB headset drivers with no luck. I also updated my motherboard's sound drivers.

Some have suggested changing the setting under Sound > Communications and checked the "Do nothing" option. That may have slightly alleviated the problem, but not fixed it. I also went under the Properties for the headset playback device and check the "Disable all enhancements" check box. Again, this may have had a small impact, but the problem is still present.

Now I am trying to play XCOM and all of the audio is fading in and out. Sometimes it crackles a little bit as it fades.

I made no hardware changes to my computer in the last 10 months. I had not even unplugged the USB headset for about 4 months. I am getting extremely frustrated at this point.

If I can't play games or use Teamspeak, I am not sure what good this headset is anymore.

I have an Asus P8Z77-V Pro. There was one slightly newer USB driver (from September 2012 though).

At this point I have updated all motherboard drivers as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the HS1 drivers. Teamspeak is still unusable as voice fades to almost silent or completely silent. I can see the little green bar jumping up and down. I even max the volume for the HS1 and Teamspeak in the volume mixer. No luck.

I couldn't even play XCOM last night, because the voice issue was very distracting and I missed relevant mission information.

Archived