Corsair Community

Attempt to update firmware bricked my H115i Platinum

CheMxDawG

I'm new to Corsair's ecosystem of products, just built a new system after retiring my i5 2500k rig, so I got a H115i Platinum to finish out my cooling needs in my iCue 220t. Aside from the initial compatibility issues between my case and the H115i, everything was working great until I was notified to update iCue software. In a mistake, I attempted to update the firmware for the H115i and not the software.

My H115i doesn't appear in iCue or device manager, only in USBDeview. Reinstalling iCue while disconnecting the H115i's usb headers hasn't worked. Switching to a regular USB port from motherboard headers didn't work.

The H115i is running without light or power control, fan and pumps running at 100% with USB disconnect sounds every 20 seconds.

Is there a firmware someone can send to me or should I just return the unit and go back to stock cooling? I'm not sure how I would flash the firmware now that it doesn't even appear in iCue.

There's nothing running in my background that would interfere with this.

Edited by CheMxDawG

i believe the same thing happened to me. i have the same cooler and the fans on the aio along with the aio dont light up but all my other fans do i cant find it in icue at all but shows in usb viewer there is a video on how to flash the firmware of the cooler but the problem is corsair need to give u the file since it's not publicly avaliable unless a member gives you it but you need the correct file or someone that has had the same problem and they got given the file by corsair this is the video on how to flash the firmware but you need the file and which is not able to download and we would need a corsair staff to help with.

hopefully a staff member sees this and gives us both the file and hopefully it fixes the issue

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW9C8fxU72U[/ame]

Edited by mckeown1504