Corsair Community

10 RGB QL Fans - Need some help setting up

mgivot

Hea maybe the phanteks keeps them at a minimum speed for safety when the copro asks for 0rpm.

Should be alright anyway :)

yes it is. But hopefully it helps others that browse this forum and are looking for powered fan hubs. The Phanteks work but with the limit of the min fan speed restriction. No zero fan speed possible.

yes it is. But hopefully it helps others that browse this forum and are looking for powered fan hubs. The Phanteks work but with the limit of the min fan speed restriction. No zero fan speed possible.

Also the fan hub I'm using (XSPC) does not allow zero RPM.

Baio

• 6 months later...
@Baio.... sorted the 'Key' on your diagram bud... helps people know whats what......

http://i.imgur.com/htFXISSl.jpg

Click for full res if you dont like the Potato version lol

Can anyone help me with the shopping list for this setup? I'm also installing 10 fans in a Lian Li XL.

1x CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler

2x CORSAIR QL Series, QL120 RGB, 120mm RGB LED Fan, Triple Pack with Lighting Node Core

1x CORSAIR QL Series, iCUE QL120 RGB, 120mm RGB LED Fan, Single Pack

1x CORSAIR Commander PRO

What other items do I need to purchase?

I marked up the image above and posted in the link below.

What are items 1 and 2?

What is item 3?

Is there anything special about item 4, or will any PSU work? I need a 1000W for my setup.

https://imgur.com/NxvCJXv

Edited by fallen_d3mon

this is a better set up buddy.

as you are using the Elite cooler and Commander Pro you would have no need for PWM hubs. but i would suggest sourcing an RGB Fan LED Hub rather than using the Node Cores imho

http://i.imgur.com/4FwtdFil.png

Thanks for your reply!

With regards to your new configuration.

1. Does this mean I just need to buy an RGB Fan LED Hub, and a Commander Core? (EDIT: I now see that Commander Core comes with the cooler)
  2. Do I need any more splitters?
  3. I still need the internal USB hub, right?
  4. why do you suggest the RGB FAN LED Hub, and not the Node Core? Since 2x Node Cores come with the two 3-pack QL120 fans, could I still use the Node Cores?

Would my previous setup still work? I was in a rush so I ordered 2 PWM hubs and 1 internal USB already. Do I need a smart PSU like the i series for either setup?

Edited by fallen_d3mon

Thanks for your reply!

With regards to your new configuration.

1. Does this mean I just need to buy an RGB Fan LED Hub, and a Commander Core? (EDIT: I now see that Commander Core comes with the cooler)
  2. Do I need any more splitters?
  3. I still need the internal USB hub, right?
  4. why do you suggest the RGB FAN LED Hub, and not the Node Core? Since 2x Node Cores come with the two 3-pack QL120 fans, could I still use the Node Cores?

1, yes, and i suggest using these as the Commander Pro has 2 LED channels. this allows you to use the RGB Fan LED Hub rather than a Node Core and a USB header for just 6 fans rgb control

2, nope the above diagram uses no splitters at all. all connected within Corsairs Spec

3, no internal usb hub needed unless usb connectivity is an issue between Commander Pro and Commander Core (some x570 boards afaik)

4, see answer number 1

good luck buddy

• Like 1

Thank you very much Zotty. You are so helpful!

I understand now why you suggested the RGB fan hub. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like I can source this from any vendor at a reasonable price.

Therefore I plan to go with the Node Core (comes with 3xQL120) + internal USB hub (already bought) combo.

• Like 1

Thank you very much Zotty. You are so helpful!

I understand now why you suggested the RGB fan hub. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like I can source this from any vendor at a reasonable price.

Therefore I plan to go with the Node Core (comes with 3xQL120) + internal USB hub (already bought) combo.

No worries man.. hope you get it all sorted :).. good luck on your RGB quest

• 7 months later...
On 2/5/2021 at 1:01 AM, Zotty said:

this is a better set up buddy.

as you are using the Elite cooler and Commander Pro you would have no need for PWM hubs. but i would suggest sourcing an RGB Fan LED Hub rather than using the Node Cores imho

http://i.imgur.com/4FwtdFil.png

Zotty, couple questions 

1. Is it better to plug the node core into the commander pro usb 2.0 or my nzxt internal usb 2.0 header?(I got the internal hub because all of the stories I’ve read with ASUS dark hero motherboard).

2. Do you recommend I connect the commander pro, commander core, and node core to the internal 2.0 header?

3. Do the fans on the radiator have to be plugged into the commander core for cooling purposes according to the 10 fan diagram?(reason I ask is I’m try to do a fan setup so it’s in order in my Corsair 5000x) or can I rearrange the cans in ice to go in a certain order?

I don’t have a RGB fan led hub like in the image

5BB297B1-D386-4A31-BC0F-8B1B1E0434B4.png

11 hours ago, OneFingeredFist said:

Zotty, couple questions 

1. Is it better to plug the node core into the commander pro usb 2.0 or my nzxt internal usb 2.0 header?(I got the internal hub because all of the stories I’ve read with ASUS dark hero motherboard).

2. Do you recommend I connect the commander pro, commander core, and node core to the internal 2.0 header?

3. Do the fans on the radiator have to be plugged into the commander core for cooling purposes according to the 10 fan diagram?(reason I ask is I’m try to do a fan setup so it’s in order in my Corsair 5000x) or can I rearrange the cans in ice to go in a certain order?

I don’t have a RGB fan led hub like in the image

1. either should work fine buddy

2, again should be fine. but you have the nzxt hub anyways 😉

3, leave the rad fans connected how they should be.. this insures your cooling system will operate as intended regardless of other hardware/software and indeed OS..