Corsair Community

Really no onboard macros??

jasonemd

The entire reason I chose the K95 was for the large number of macro buttons and the onboard memory. :cool:

I bought it for work, not gaming. I work at a hospital where we use really old software with constant tedious repetitive tasks. We cannot install any drivers or software on the hospital PCs. :mad:

I wanted lots of extra buttons that I can program with macros to automate a lot of my tasks. I saw the huge number of G buttons on the K95 and saw that it has "onboard memory" to save your profiles. Now that I have the keyboard for a while it seems the onboard memory will save my lighting profiles (totally useless) but will not save any macros! I've had it too long to return it. :mad:

Am I going to have to toss my K95 and buy a Redragon K550 Yama? Or am I missing something? Can I use the onboard memory to save my macros? Or create macros on the fly at work, saved to onboard memory?

Unfortunately, the K95 RGB does not have on board memory for customised profiles like macros.

The K95 Platinum does have the onboard memory but it may not suit your environment as it only has 6 G-keys rather than the previous 18 seen on the K95 RGB though you can save 3 profiles onto it and assign any key to a macro.

AS you have already found out the onboard memory on the K95 RGB allows you to save only static lighting. Like any other CUE HID device really, macros are only supported in software, there is no hardware playback.

They have recently started re-adding hardware macro playback with the latest mouse (Scimitar PRO) and keyboard (K95 Platinum). The K95 Platinum seems to be the one you'd want, however, this new K95 version has "only" 6 G keys instead of 18 like the K95 RGB you currently have.

EDIT: Toasted beat me to it while I had the page open to reply :p:

Archived