Corsair Community

iCUE fan control stopped working and now fans are spinning full speed all the time

Varpusparvi

Hello kind people of Corsair Forum,

I'm in desperate need of your help. Like the title states, I cannot control AIO fans on my H150i RGB PRO XT anymore. I installed the AIO a week ago and it has been working fine until today. It doesn't matter if I choose Quiet, Balanced, Zero RPM or Custom curve, all three fans are spinning full speed all the time(~2400rpm). Pump speed control is working normally though.

CPU temp: 33-40C

Coolant temp: 25.5C

iCUE version: 3.31.81 (newest)

AIO firmware: 1.01.31 (newest)

Fans are connected to the pump. USB is connected to the MB.

I tested with other USB cable connecting it to front IO but it didn't helped.

I reinstalled iCUE but no luck.

I turned on debug logging and got these errors: (sorry these are in finnish, I'll try to translate)

Service_error.log

2020-07-30 18:23:36.9529 | 30 | DESKTOP-U5VVKOP | 3.31.0.5 | PowerManagementWatcher | ->

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA): Etäproseduurikutsun palvelin ei ole käytettävissä. (HRESULT-poikkeus: 0x800706BA)

kohteessa System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

kohteessa System.Management.SinkForEventQuery.Cancel()

kohteessa System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Stop()

kohteessa CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.PowerManagementWatcher.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

Corsair_Cooling.log

2020-07-30 19:00:03.7087 | 15 | ERROR | H150i RGB PRO XT | Malfunction: Indeksi oli sallitun alueen ulkopuolella. Indeksi ei saa olla negatiivinen, ja sen on oltava kokoelmaa pienempi.

Parametrin nimi: index

Trying to translate this:

The index was out of range. The index must not be negative and must be smaller than the collection.

I'm happy to provide more info if some of you have any idea what would have caused this and how to fix this. My ears are bleeding because of this fan noise.:[pouts:

I noticed a conflict issue with HWiNFO64 on Corsair's website. I unchecked the CorsairLink and Asetek Support from the safety settings. That didn't help. I uninstalled HWiNFO64 and iCUE. No luck. Installed iCUE again and still all three fans are going full speed and cannot be controlled.

From the iCUE, I have tried H150i RGB PRO XT Temp and CPU Package. Also fixed RPM and Fixed %. Still fans are at full speed all the time. Pump accepts the changes and the RPM drops if I select the Quiet for example. Fans also change to Quiet if I click them but the RPM stays at ~2400RPM.