Corsair Community

No Device Detected!

Astral85

Could you provide more details on what devices you have, etc?

Yesterday I was working on my system and I noticed my strips and fan lights weren't working. When I was doing some wire management, the USB connector came unplug. I plugged it back in and it worked.

I think I might have seen an issue where it didn't detect my keyboard months ago in the old Cue, but I think I only saw that once or twice and it fixed itself. Did you try a reboot or unplugging your device, if it is a keyboard/mouse?

@solarity

I have a Sabre (mouse), H110i and LNP. All I did was uninstall some Asus software and on the next boot I got the no device detected error and none of the devices were detected. I may have rebooted again with the same error I can't remember but what I did next was exit iCUE completely (probably shutting down the service with it) and restarting it which seemed to restore the devices. I was no where near any cabling so I have no idea what caused this. At least it's back to normal for now..

It's possible that you uninstalled some USB drivers when you uninstalled the Asus software. From there, Windows may have picked up the devices, downloaded the drivers and reinstalled ... this would certainly explain the behavior that you describe.

Got the Same Problem Yesterday it worked fine, since Today Icue dont detect my Corsair Vengance and my Lightning Node Pro. So i Deinstalled Icue so i could Change Colors via Link.

Then i tryed to Install Icue Again, at the Point "starting Service" at 60% it Stops with an Error.

Now i Cant Deinstall it anymore and Link says "This Device is controlled by Icue"

What can i do now? Icue got somewhere else some Data i need to Delete?

The registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\CLinkPids controls what devices Link turns over the iCue. If you remove that key, you'll restore control to Link.

You will, however, need to make sure that you fully uninstall iCue. You may need to go down the manual route to remove the MSI registration from the Windows Installer database and make sure that the Corsair Service is disabled or you will wind up with conflicts and issues.

It's possible that you uninstalled some USB drivers when you uninstalled the Asus software. From there, Windows may have picked up the devices, downloaded the drivers and reinstalled ... this would certainly explain the behavior that you describe.

That sounds completely feasible. ;):

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there. I had this same issue today. I deleted some unnecessary Asus programs, and it sent Icue into a tailspin where it would say "No Devices Detected", and abruptly close over and over.

I had uninstalled/reinstalled Icue multiple times, as well as Aura Sync.

What ended up fixing it was going in and completely deleting the "plug-in" folder under Icue.

Then go to "Add or Remove" programs in Windows. Select Icue, but don't uninstall it. Instead, hit the "Modify" button, and then choose the "Repair" option when it prompts you to Uninstall or Repair.

Worked for me. I'd been having trouble getting Icue to both change any lighting on my Asus Motherboard, and then later wouldn't even detect it. So, it fixed that problem as well!

Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey there. I had this same issue today. I deleted some unnecessary Asus programs, and it sent Icue into a tailspin where it would say "No Devices Detected", and abruptly close over and over.

I had uninstalled/reinstalled Icue multiple times, as well as Aura Sync.

What ended up fixing it was going in and completely deleting the "plug-in" folder under Icue.

Then go to "Add or Remove" programs in Windows. Select Icue, but don't uninstall it. Instead, hit the "Modify" button, and then choose the "Repair" option when it prompts you to Uninstall or Repair.

Worked for me. I'd been having trouble getting Icue to both change any lighting on my Asus Motherboard, and then later wouldn't even detect it. So, it fixed that problem as well!

Hope this helps!

Signed up just to say thank you & this fixed the problem!

• 4 months later...
hey there. I had this same issue today. I deleted some unnecessary asus programs, and it sent icue into a tailspin where it would say "no devices detected", and abruptly close over and over.

I had uninstalled/reinstalled icue multiple times, as well as aura sync.

What ended up fixing it was going in and completely deleting the "plug-in" folder under icue.

Then go to "add or remove" programs in windows. Select icue, but don't uninstall it. Instead, hit the "modify" button, and then choose the "repair" option when it prompts you to uninstall or repair.

Worked for me. I'd been having trouble getting icue to both change any lighting on my asus motherboard, and then later wouldn't even detect it. So, it fixed that problem as well!

Hope this helps!

thank you!