Corsair Community

Question about the keyboard itself?

Raven43

I am new to this and to Corsair keyboards. I purchased what I thought was a K70 Vengeance RGB keyboard, yet nowhere on the box that it came in does it indicate that it is a "Vengeance" keyboard. My question is should it say this on the box and if not, how do I know that I got a "Vengeance" keyboard and not just a regular K70 RGB board. Any insight that anyone would care to share will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Raven 43

I am new to this and to Corsair keyboards. I purchased what I thought was a K70 Vengeance RGB keyboard, yet nowhere on the box that it came in does it indicate that it is a "Vengeance" keyboard. My question is should it say this on the box and if not, how do I know that I got a "Vengeance" keyboard and not just an regular K70 RGB board. Any insight that anyone would care to share will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Raven 43

Vengeance boards have the sails logo.

Vengeance boards have the sails logo.

Thanks for that information, but I am not quite sure what you mean by the "sails logo", perhaps you could clarify - how big, location on the box, etc. I ask this because I cannot find anything that resembles the picture you have shown. Further though, should there not be the word "Vengeance" somewhere on the box or on the keyboard itself?

Raven43

The differences between the "Vengeance" and "Corsair Gaming" branding is the logo at the top of the keyboard and the box art. Other than that, nothing else is different.

The RGB box art should look something like this (may have been updated, so slight variances may exist);

Corsair Vengeance

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/Blog/2014-09/K70%20RGB%20Blog%201/K70RGB.png

Corsair Gaming

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/8556/CGK70RGB_01.JPG

The Vengeance branded keyboard have the normal Corsair logo or "Sails" logo rather than Corsair's sub-brand, Corsair Gaming. There is no "Vengeance" branding on the keyboard itself to indicate it is a "Vengeance" keyboard unlike the Corsair Gaming one.

Toasted, thank you very much for this clarification. I was, in fact, given the wrong keyboard by the sales guy who "had to go into the back room to get one" :eek:. He obviously got the wrong one. I will be in touch with my retailer this morning to trade for the proper keyboard. :D:

Raven43

Well, I think I have finally found the answer to my question. It seems that some time last year, Corsair reorganized their "gaming" division and the new division is called Corsair Gaming. Along with the renaming, comes a new Logo and some renaming. They have dropped the name "Vengeance" for their gear and are now strictly using the brand name and model. The details can be found here - http://www.anandtech.com/show/8556/corsair-gaming-k70-rgb-mechanical-keyboard-review.

Raven43

Archived