Corsair Community

GUIDE: Control ASUS GPU with iCUE – v3.31.81+

LeSnakk

Hey everyone!

I've had some problems with the latest version of iCUE (v3.31.81), in particular getting the ASUS GPU control running, so here comes a small guide on how it can be done, for everyone who may need help :)

1. CORSAIR SOFTWARE

Make sure the software is up to date and plugins are enabled. Therefore there is a checkbox called Enable plugins under SETTINGSGENERAL.

2. ASUS SOFTWARE

iCUE needs the AURA service to be running in the background in order for it to work. So you either need to have

- ASUS AURA SYNC (download here v1.07.79+)

or

- ASUS ARMOURY CRATE (download here v2.6.4+)

installed. I've read in another thread that Armoury Crate might cause problems with the ASUS Motherboard integration so I switched to Aura Sync. Just launch the Setup.exe in the downloaded ZIP file and you should be good to go. A restart may not even be required.

3. HAVE FUN

Now your ASUS graphics card should appear under the devices tab as ASUS GPU: Vga 1. If not, a restart of iCUE should fix it. The detection of the GPU may take a few seconds.

4. OTHER SOFTWARE

If you were using some other software like JackNet RGB Sync, you may have to close it because it possibly interferes with iCUE's GPU control.

So it's not very complicated to make your iCUE software control your ASUS GPU (for some users it may even pick it up automagically), but due to there not being a guide or official patch notes yet I thought that I'd just make one.

As far as I know, all ASUS Strix GTX graphics cards from the 10- and the 20-series should definitely be supported, so feel free to leave a comment when you have a different GPU that also works (or doesn't).

Enjoy the RGBness! :)

Edited by LeSnakk

I've got an ASUS 1080ti and iCUE isn't recognising it.

After a lot of messing around with blocked files from the AURA install & multiple reinstalls of both iCUE & AURA i managed to get iCUE to recognise my ASUS Motherboard but no luck on my GPU :(

Quick Summary

- iCUE v3.31.81

- ASUS AURA SYNC v1.07.79

- ASUS 1080 ti STRIX

- GPU drivers v451.67

Anyone have tips on getting iCUE to work with my GPU?

• 3 months later...
Hey everyone!

I've had some problems with the latest version of iCUE (v3.31.81), in particular getting the ASUS GPU control running, so here comes a small guide on how it can be done, for everyone who may need help :)

1. CORSAIR SOFTWARE

Make sure the software is up to date and plugins are enabled. Therefore there is a checkbox called Enable plugins under SETTINGSGENERAL.

2. ASUS SOFTWARE

iCUE needs the AURA service to be running in the background in order for it to work. So you either need to have

- ASUS AURA SYNC (download here v1.07.79+)

or

- ASUS ARMOURY CRATE (download here v2.6.4+)

installed. I've read in another thread that Armoury Crate might cause problems with the ASUS Motherboard integration so I switched to Aura Sync. Just launch the Setup.exe in the downloaded ZIP file and you should be good to go. A restart may not even be required.

3. HAVE FUN

Now your ASUS graphics card should appear under the devices tab as ASUS GPU: Vga 1. If not, a restart of iCUE should fix it. The detection of the GPU may take a few seconds.

4. OTHER SOFTWARE

If you were using some other software like JackNet RGB Sync, you may have to close it because it possibly interferes with iCUE's GPU control.

So it's not very complicated to make your iCUE software control your ASUS GPU (for some users it may even pick it up automagically), but due to there not being a guide or official patch notes yet I thought that I'd just make one.

As far as I know, all ASUS Strix GTX graphics cards from the 10- and the 20-series should definitely be supported, so feel free to leave a comment when you have a different GPU that also works (or doesn't).

Enjoy the RGBness! :)

does this work with latest ASUS 3080 GPUS I have icue showing my asus strix motherboard but not my gpu?

ASUS TUF OC 3080

• 3 weeks later...
does this work with latest ASUS 3080 GPUS I have icue showing my asus strix motherboard but not my gpu?

ASUS TUF OC 3080

I thought I broke a 1000 dollar Strix 3080 in 20 min. Think icue is messing with the light bar. How do I disable from icue portal? The light bar only works with instant lighting solid colors.

You can disable the ASUS-iCUE-control by unchecking SDK in the iCUE settings

how do I do that?? uninstalled and installed all these lousy asus armory and sync programs for 4 hours last night. i finally got the light bar back on. it shut off again this morning and no asus program worked again. "Catastrophic error"... getting tired of this.

Can an asus GPU like the expensive Strix 3080 be linked to iCue profiles??? not just the basic light effect in Instant Lighting. with custom lighting profiles to match all the other corsair products I bought into

I don't know how many individual lighting zones the 3080 has and whether iCUE supports all of them. To disable iCUE taking control of the GPU RGB go to Settings -> uncheck "Enable Plugins".

As for the ASUS software not recognizing your 3080, I don't know what to do. There is a reason we all want to control our GPU through iCUE haha. You could try uninstalling all ASUS software with a 3rd party uninstaller like Geek Uninstaller and then try a fresh reinstall of the software.

• 2 months later...
I tried to remove icue as in the guide and I also removed and put back asus armory create but nothing the gpu in cue does not appear to me ... I also tried to put asus sync that is in the first post but if I try to open it it tells me that it is missing an app / file, now I don't remember exactly, but in case just install it and it's okay even if it gives me an error if I try to start it?