Corsair Community

Hi, I purchased my Corsair HS50 few days back. The headphone is pretty good and I have no problems with it. But I could not try the Microphone of the HS50. I don't know how it works. I use the headphone on a laptop and it has only one 3.5mm Jack. I did not use the Y Cable. But without the Splitter the Microphone doesn't work. Now as I have one 3.5mm Port, I can't try the Y Cable. Then I decided to buy a cheap USB Sound Card. Using it, everything works fine, Except I get Static Electricity sound when I turn on the mic. When the Laptop is powered through battery, It doesn't make any sound but When I plug in power supply, It makes loud sound and there is no way to reduce the Static sound. Can anyone tell is if there is a way to use the headphone along with the microphone using the 3.5mm Jack? Or explain if It will work with the single 3.5mm Jack or not...! My laptop model is Dell Inspiron 5577. Thank You.

If the audio port on your laptop is a Microphone+Headphone jack then you don't need the Y-splitter and can just plug the headset cable into the port. But the port needs to support a 4-pole 3.5mm headphone connection.

Thank you for clarification. As per my knowledge, My laptop port does support 4 pole 3.5mm connections. But I don't know why It doesn't detect the mic when I connect to it. It only records via the laptop's built in microphone.