The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2019, 08:07 AM

POST ID # = 1002625
Kozmonaut Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemble View Post
Sounds like your rig is not that different from my recent Aorus Master Windows 10 build (F8 BIOS), although I have the H115i PRO 280mm cooler. I've been racking my brain to try and remember whether, or not, I was prompted to do a pump firmware upgrade when I first installed iCUE - sorry, but I can't remember. My initial iCUE install was from the latest Web version, rather than the one on the supplied CD. In any case, iCUE should work perfectly on any GigaByte Z390 board, even when running SIV and HWInfo (as long as pump monitoring is disabled). I have the pump USB and the USB from my HX850i PSU connected via a USB 2-way splitter (eBay unbranded) into a single mobo USB header. iCUE sees and can control both devices.

My concern for you, is that the firmware upgrade failed. If you cannot re-run this upgrade successfully, then I would RMA the unit, as it sounds like the device firmware has become partially corrupted. Ref: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=181051
This is exactly my concern too, and corsair support is giving me the runaround talking about rma'ing the cable, when I know 100% that's not the problem. Very close to ordering an Nzxt kraken off Amazon and returning this one when I get the kraken.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:10 PM

POST ID # = 1003234

Just wanted to bump this and make an update for those who have the same issue. I went to Corsair support and they were little help, suggesting to replace the USB cable as if a micro usb is so proprietary. I told them to cut to the chase and tell me if the firmware is indeed bricked, is there anyway for me to fix it? They said no, they will need to replace. Fair enough, I initiated a return with Amazon, sent it back, put in my new one today, and wouldn't you know it.. It works perfectly. The rainbow colors all came back and iCue is recognizing the pump now.. Finally, after all this troubleshooting..

So bottom line is DO NOT PRESS UPDATE FIRMWARE ON YOUR H115i Platinum!! It bricks the firmware at least some of the time, as evident by the new posts on this forum with people with the same problems. I am never going near that update button again.

Positive note I guess is all the disconnects are gone because of iCue 3.15.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:35 PM
Miridios's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003762
Miridios Reputation: 10
Default I just hit update firmware

I just pressed the update firmware and now my fans quit and my pump has the teal colored RGB all the time. I have tried everything recommended by corsair and I feel mine is bricked.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:41 PM

POST ID # = 1003764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miridios View Post
I just pressed the update firmware and now my fans quit and my pump has the teal colored RGB all the time. I have tried everything recommended by corsair and I feel mine is bricked.
Yup. Exact same thing happened to me. Same color and everything. Another one bites the dust. Unacceptable bull****. Why doesnt corsair just disable this update button or something it's practically an emergency at this point, everytime someone presses update they're losing money.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:47 PM

POST ID # = 1012804
ajmi982 Reputation: 10

Make it Three. Dead h115i pro with maxes fans. No show in iCUE yet it shows in windows and usbdeview. Believe it’s 100% firmware related. Only have a dark teal/blue ring in one corner of the pump and each fan. So pissed.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:19 PM
Modder...
JaPeMo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016078
JaPeMo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmi982 View Post
Make it Three. Dead h115i pro with maxes fans. No show in iCUE yet it shows in windows and usbdeview. Believe it’s 100% firmware related. Only have a dark teal/blue ring in one corner of the pump and each fan. So pissed.
Today have same problem after a break update firmware...

I see H115i in USBDeview...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg USBDeview.JPG (21.5 KB, 363 views)
Raijintek Ophion EVO | Asus ROG Strix X470-I Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | BG.Skilll Trident Z 16GB DDR4-3866 CL18 | KFA2 GeForce® RTX 2080 OC | M.2 Samsung 950 PRO 500GB | SSD Samsung 840 EVO 750GB | HDD WD Green 3TB | Corsair SF600 | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G502 Hero | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | Corsair ML140PRO RGB | W10 Pro
BnB | JP[0] | JP[D] | JP[µ] | JP[UMX3] | JP[SFF]
Old 09-04-2019, 11:40 PM

POST ID # = 1016918
hvgotcodes Reputation: 10

I just have my computer running I don't even see my H115i Platinum in USBdevview or iCue. However the fans are running and the lights are working. I also have 3 LL120RGB fans, and they appear to work just fine. I have an Asus Prime Z390A motherboard, core I7 9700k, and some Corsair RGB Ram (which also shows up in iCue).

Now, I do have the LL120 fans all connected thru a fan hub, since my MOBO does not have enough headers for all my fans.