Corsair Community

How to Mount Commander Pro in Phanteks Evolv X case?

hplovescats

While I love the cable management structure in the Evolv X, it makes it very hard to determine where to put my Commander Pro. I would really appreciate some guidance in this matter.

Has anyone out there mounted one of these fine devices in this fine case, and would you be willing to share some advice and/or pictures?

Thanks!

hplovescats

While I don't have the EvolvX - I have the Enthoo Primo - I have an idea of how their cable management is - it's quite good. In my Enthoo Primo, I actually mounted the CoPro on the back of the motherboard tray. I did wind up using quite a few extensions but was able to make it work.

I do recommend using 3M Command Strips or - even better - sticky magnets so it's easier to move if you need to.

While I don't have the EvolvX - I have the Enthoo Primo - I have an idea of how their cable management is - it's quite good. In my Enthoo Primo, I actually mounted the CoPro on the back of the motherboard tray. I did wind up using quite a few extensions but was able to make it work.

I do recommend using 3M Command Strips or - even better - sticky magnets so it's easier to move if you need to.

That's where I placed the Commander my previous case, the Evolv. I thought it looked nice there, but the Evolv X has these nice doors that cover up the cable routing.

The doors enforce a pretty strict schema of how the cables should be managed. Plus there's not quite the same amount of room in the middle this time around.

Looking at it again, I could give it a try. The doors are nicely porous, so it's easy to pull cables through them. The side of the Commander would spill out a little over the motherboard window, and I'd need a lot of extensions to keep it neat (thank you for the guide, BTW!), but it would showcase the Commander nicely. It's worth looking at.

Never heard of sticky magnets, but that sounds awesome. Gonna look that up.

Any other ideas?

hplovescats

For the magnets - Search amazon for "stick on magnets with adhesive"

Looking at the pictures of the EvolvX .. the bottom might work. Or inside the door/cover over the bottom area. The top, in front where it looks like there is some sort of cover/spacer might also work but cable management would be a bear, I think.

Are you looking to control the EvolvX RGB with the Commander Pro as well?

For the magnets - Search amazon for "stick on magnets with adhesive"

Looking at the pictures of the EvolvX .. the bottom might work. Or inside the door/cover over the bottom area. The top, in front where it looks like there is some sort of cover/spacer might also work but cable management would be a bear, I think.

Are you looking to control the EvolvX RGB with the Commander Pro as well?

Attaching the Commander to the doors gives me flashbacks to the bitfenix Prodigy-M, which was a cool looking case but had all the power controls and an SSD cage in the door, which meant I had to disconnect all those cables every time I needed to open the case, which was a massive pain in the ****. However, all the cables that connect to the Commander are more easily extendable, and less difficult to unmount if that's necessary. So I think that might be a possibility.

The Evolv RGB is a D-RGB connection (or a Phanteks connection, if you have other Phanteks gear), but I recently found some D-RGB to Corsair adapters on eBay, and I've already ordered a pair. I'm really excited about it, as Gigabyte RGBFusion is...okay, but the RGBFusion color transitions are generally pretty poor. iCue is much more powerful.

Now if only I could figure out a way to control my G.Skills with iCue...

hplovescats

Yeah, I'm aware of the adapter. ;) I'm using one to connect to 2x Phanteks strips that I run under by case. And the Phanteks stuff uses a JST connection.

As for the G.Skill ... replace it with Vengeance RGB Pro. :)

The magnets tho ... will let you easily experiment with placement and move it around. The Corsair-supplied sticky tape is really sticky. It does not let go easily.

As for the G.Skill ... replace it with Vengeance RGB Pro. :)
I'll think about it when Corsair starts using that good Samsung B-Die. Until then, it's G.Skill for me.

Thanks for your help! You've made a lot of good suggestions, and now I feel more ready to try and set this thing up.

hplovescats

I'll think about it when Corsair starts using that good Samsung B-Die. Until then, it's G.Skill for me.

Thanks for your help! You've made a lot of good suggestions, and now I feel more ready to try and set this thing up.

hplovescats

No problem! If you have questions, feel free to come back. And ... if I didn't mention it before, make sure that you check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.

Archived