Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-2019, 04:35 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014772
WhiskeyOmega Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacdag View Post
Joining this discussion to tell my story of iCue and Corsair.

Having completed my first computer build some five and a half years ago I purchased a number of Corsair products including case, PSU, CPU cooler etc. It wasn't until December 2017 when I purchased a Corsair Strafe RGB keyboard that I started to have problems. With the arrival of my new keyboard meant that I needed to install new software. I soon as I noticed that this corrupted the colour settings of my H100iv1 cooler which, to my annoyance would only display red rather than the custom colour CPU temperature (white-yellow-red). After much head scratching and endless installing/uninstalling of my corsair link software for the H100iv1 I worked out that my cooler and this newer software could not exist together and work exactly as they should.

I liked my keyboard so decided that I would invest money into a new H100i Pro cooler hoping that I could finally return to the "colour change with temperature" setting I desired. I installed the new cooler and soon was experiencing random complete lockups and no output to my monitor. Was it the monitor? Was it the graphics card or the drivers? After many more complete lockups and experimenting I discovered the problems with iCUE and x79 based computers and this thread. I renamed CPUIDSDK.dll and CPUIDSDK64.dll and it was better straight away although for a while it would still make my graphic card not to output for a about a second every once in a while but it would recover okay. At present I still have iCe installed but with reduced functionality but a usually stable computer.

However, Corsair's apparent unwilling or unable attitude to fixing iCue for affected users has made me decide not to purchase another Corsair product after spending £££ and having to use this iCue software which handicaps my computer (and many others) so much. I would love to see a fix appear one day but after all this time I'm not holding my breath. Sorry for my rant but I wanted to share my experience.

I noticed the use of £'s in your post so i can only assume you're British the same as me. I got told that if it becomes a serious issue here, consumer helpline can pass on information to trading standards. I doubt 1 complaint would get very far but 2 might start to get legs. I'll see what the outcome to this small claims court claim is as I havent heard anything yet but most companies only seem to care once they get something in the post. The email from SCC seems to hit spam filters.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:10 PM
wacdag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014773
wacdag Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyOmega View Post
I noticed the use of £'s in your post so i can only assume you're British the same as me. I got told that if it becomes a serious issue here, consumer helpline can pass on information to trading standards. I doubt 1 complaint would get very far but 2 might start to get legs. I'll see what the outcome to this small claims court claim is as I havent heard anything yet but most companies only seem to care once they get something in the post. The email from SCC seems to hit spam filters.
Yes I'm British. The issue is that the problem with iCue has been around for more than a year (15 months since your original post I see ) . It depends if people with certain types of system like x79 know that iCue is causing problems, it took me a while to work it out. However, the peak of people having problems has probably already passed and gone. Many may have moved on and built new/upgraded computers and now not suffering these issues with iCue.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:18 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014781

Quote:
Yes I'm British. The issue is that the problem with iCue has been around for more than a year (15 months since your original post I see ) . It depends if people with certain types of system like x79 know that iCue is causing problems, it took me a while to work it out. However, the peak of people having problems has probably already passed and gone. Many may have moved on and built new/upgraded computers and now not suffering these issues with iCue.
Yea im one foot out the door on my X79 build doesnt mean ill come straight back to corsair for anything in the future. Full custom waterloop with glass hardline tubes with HWLabs Rads. Not a Corsair product in sight.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:35 AM
VII Hells's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015387
VII Hells Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
It's not been ignored. The issue is in the CPUIDSDK ... look in your iCUE folder for CPUIDSDK64.dll and rename it (after closing iCUE and stopping the service) to CPUIDSDK64.bak. That fixes the issue most of the time. I would suggest that you try that.
>It's not been ignored

Thinking this hasn't been ignored and not handled in a timely manner at this point is insane. Renaming a file isn't a fix, it's a work around at best and only minimizes the blackscreens so they happen every week or so instead of several times a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
I really thought this issue has been long resolved after weeks of not seeing any reports on the forums and ticket inquiries. I'll talk to CorsairJames about this and we'll revisit the case and see whats triggering this behavior.

@Majkel0608, Does it only happen when you're gaming? what about when you're running other applications?
>after weeks of not seeing any reports

People aren't reporting because they don't have any faith you're going to do anything about it. I gave up a long time ago because it was simply being ignored. In saying that, there's been 19 replies since your April post that have been ignored for moths until you posted again in July. There's been another 16 posts since then that your have also ignored as I type this. Problem don't just go away; they need to be fixed. Whilst it's good to see corsair back in the thread, it's been piss poor service for the last, well, I think years now? I'm just checking back now after still getting the blackscreens but just being happy that they're every week or so instead of several times a day.

>Does it only happen when you're gaming?

Still trying to pin it on something else, huh? It's pretty simple, mate; if iCue is there, there's blackscreens; if iCue isn't there, there's no blackscreen. It's been pointed out by most users the blackscreens occur randomly. IT'S YOUR SOFTWARE. STOP LOOKING FOR OTHER THINGS AND START WITH YOUR SOFTWARE. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but how do you not get this yet? Fair dinkum!
Old 08-28-2019, 08:34 AM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015938

I Settled with them out of court in the end. But just so everyone knows the opportunity was offered to fix this at the latest of hours just after I went ahead with the court claim.

They were going to get me to talk to Franck CEO of CPUID. Now Im no longer willing to help given their really crappy attitude in this whole thing but someone less bitter than me may enjoy better luck if they mention Franck in emails to their head of CS or PR.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:04 PM
wacdag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016539
wacdag Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyOmega View Post
I Settled with them out of court in the end. But just so everyone knows the opportunity was offered to fix this at the latest of hours just after I went ahead with the court claim.

They were going to get me to talk to Franck CEO of CPUID. Now Im no longer willing to help given their really crappy attitude in this whole thing but someone less bitter than me may enjoy better luck if they mention Franck in emails to their head of CS or PR.
They will just ignore everyone that complains and brush it under the carpet as only a minority of their customers are affected. I've had CPUID on my computer for years before iCue and never had a problem with black screening and it sounds like they have palmed you off to someone else and not claiming responsibility of iCue's problems on certain systems. Glad you got something out of Corsair though but can understand why you are no so frustrated by Corsair's attitude.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:05 AM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019704

Quote:
They will just ignore everyone that complains and brush it under the carpet as only a minority of their customers are affected. I've had CPUID on my computer for years before iCue and never had a problem with black screening and it sounds like they have palmed you off to someone else and not claiming responsibility of iCue's problems on certain systems. Glad you got something out of Corsair though but can understand why you are no so frustrated by Corsair's attitude.
Im amazed James still works for Corsair given all the issues this software has.
I went to my local pc shop to pick up my cheque. Not only did corsair have me wait for an hour they said that they'd be wanting all my corsair stuff back. While I did originally agree to it. I have heard nothing from corsair in relation to returning the items nor will I return them now given how rude every single person in the company I have dealt with has been. From the the head of CS that kept getting my name wrong on emails. To the guy that kept me waiting.

Corsair do not learn from their mistakes and I am of the inclination that if they are going to keep ignoring everyone else with the issues I will keep going after them.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:24 AM

POST ID # = 1019964
Deka013 Reputation: 10

Anyone tried with the latest iCue version and if yes,had any luck?
Old 10-08-2019, 10:18 AM

POST ID # = 1020678
Atralbus Reputation: 10

I can confirm this is still an issue with the latest version of iCUE. I contacted with the customer support and this is the only response I got:

Quote:
There are some compatibility issues with X79 chipset and iCUE. If you have the latest bios and the latest chipset drivers installed, I'm afraid we have tried all the troubleshooting steps.
There are hundreds of reports about the issue but I guess you can't even reproduce it. I paid $150 on a keyboard and only later I learn that there is a software compatibility issue with this chipset. I don't even mention about 2 months I spent on investigating the cause of the issue, desperately. I bought a new PSU for no reason thinking that it was the cause. The biggest problem here, we do not get any warning, log in the system that could give us some hint.

Now, I assume that you don't want to waste any more resource on this issue since it's not affecting a lot of customers. But at least put some compatibility information or announcement in your website about it. Announce that you accept the issue and you are not able to solve it.

You can be sure I'm not buying any more Corsair products after experiencing this kind of customer support.

My setup:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4820K @ 3.70GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, Asus DirectCU II GDDR5 2GB
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra 750 Platinum

Bios: v4801 (25 July 2014)
Chipset: MEI v11.0.5.1189 (28 March 2016)
USB 3.0: ASMedia v10.0.18362.207 (19 June 2019), (Also tried it with USB 2.0 ports but issue persists)

Windows 10 Pro, v1903, Build: 18362.356 (Clean install)

iCue: v3.20.80