Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2018, 07:08 PM
DerekAz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963653
DerekAz Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekAz View Post
The worst thing of all is trying to just get the h150i box open. The only possible way appears to be like a 7 year old opening a Christmas present, just rip the **** out of it. My gawd, how do they get this thing boxed!!
HaHa...I did manage to find the end opening. But as to the original point of this thread. There are a few YouTube vids that do some decent tests regarding this subject. The instructions that come with the cooler says..."for best cooling performance, we recommend mounting the fans as air-intake to your PC case" The YouTube tests did show a significant lower CPU temps when mounted as intake but at the expense of higher GPU temps depending on what type of GPU you have. Nothing else in the case or motherboard were significantly affected by the increased temps.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:18 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963673
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Mounting the cooler as intake will provide the coolest air to cool the coolant. This, in turn, is what cools the CPU. However, this does come at a cost - it increases the internal temperature of the case including, but not limited to, the GPU.

I'd venture to guess that most folks have their coolers installed as exhaust. In many cases, it's the most practical installation option. It does, however, require that you manage the internal case temperatures pretty well ... something that we see folks having trouble with occasionally.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:56 AM
DerekAz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964028
DerekAz Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
However, this does come at a cost - it increases the internal temperature of the case including, but not limited to, the GPU.
But where is all the hot air going with a conventional cpu mounted air cooler? I would suggest that an aio being used as intake does not increase the internal air temps. As long of course there is still a sufficient amount of fresh intake\exhaust nothing changes except that NOW you're using outside, generally cooler air, to cool your CPU.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:07 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964031
Zotty Reputation: 52

Got my H150i mounted in the front of the 570x as intake. my intake temp is 27.2. the airflow from my rad is at 27.8. I also have my top fans as intake. I suffer no heat issues what so ever because of how the h150i is mounted GPU rarely goes over 60c when gaming.... and very little dust and fluff as all intake is filter and indeed the case is running positive pressure.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:23 PM

POST ID # = 964164
Cowboy10uk Reputation: 10

I just purchased this today, personally I found the info ref only the pump being RGB very clear indeed, hence why I’ve also grabbed 6 LL120s.

However one thing I can’t find is whether or not the RGB header on the H150I can be controlled with Icue or not?

I know my 6 LL120s can, and I’m pretty sure my Vengeance RGB Ram can be, even though it’s not the pro version.

Can anyone answer about the pump header? It’s no big deal if not, but it would be nice to get everything synced in together.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:37 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964169
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Yes, it can be controlled in iCue.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:30 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964271
snapper69 Reputation: 32

It can also be controlled by Link, if you don't want to install iCue, which is, after all, a BETA release, rather than the eventual full fat, all singing and dancing version that we will eventually get.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:32 AM

POST ID # = 964298
Cowboy10uk Reputation: 10

Thanks for quick answer guys, much appreciated. Gave in to the new Vengence RGB Pro memory as well, so just managed to change my order and swap out the Vengence rgb I had chosen to the new pro versions, which should look rather nice alongside the H150 cooler head

Old 07-19-2018, 07:29 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 964427
Greybeard Reputation: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy10uk View Post
Thanks for quick answer guys, much appreciated. Gave in to the new Vengence RGB Pro memory as well, so just managed to change my order and swap out the Vengence rgb I had chosen to the new pro versions, which should look rather nice alongside the H150 cooler head
I'm with you on this one, the Vengeance RGB PRO was too much for me to ignore.. gotta have it You wont regret it!

Old 07-20-2018, 06:06 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964658
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper69 View Post
It can also be controlled by Link, if you don't want to install iCue, which is, after all, a BETA release, rather than the eventual full fat, all singing and dancing version that we will eventually get.
the latest version (iCue 3.5.111) is actually pretty solid tbf (imho of course )