The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2019, 11:48 AM
rft3rd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016297
rft3rd Reputation: 10
Default Controling SP120 RGB's with CP

I have just completed my first build using Corsair RGB elements and CP.

The lighting is working perfectly as it sync's nicely with my H100 Platinum.

However it seems the fan speeds, as read out in ICUE as well as audibly, are not stable.

When set to Quiet mode, the 3 SP120 RGB in the 570x Crystal case seems to fluctuate within a 300 RPM spectrum at complete machine idle with lows around 1k and highs around 1.3k.

When set to Balanced mode, the fluctuation is a little tighter from 1.3k to 1.5k

I have no temp sensors installed at this time and am thinking that without the ambient bias input, the case fans may not maintain speeds at idle?

Other than that, thanks to Zotty for the amazing write up on corsair rgb products. It can be pretty overwhelming for a first time RGB/AIO build and the forums have been a great resource to the old school builder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cp.JPG (87.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-31-2019, 03:48 PM
BlaiseP's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016311
BlaiseP Reputation: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rft3rd View Post
I have just completed my first build using Corsair RGB elements and CP.

The lighting is working perfectly as it sync's nicely with my H100 Platinum.

However it seems the fan speeds, as read out in ICUE as well as audibly, are not stable.

When set to Quiet mode, the 3 SP120 RGB in the 570x Crystal case seems to fluctuate within a 300 RPM spectrum at complete machine idle with lows around 1k and highs around 1.3k.

When set to Balanced mode, the fluctuation is a little tighter from 1.3k to 1.5k

I have no temp sensors installed at this time and am thinking that without the ambient bias input, the case fans may not maintain speeds at idle?

Other than that, thanks to Zotty for the amazing write up on corsair rgb products. It can be pretty overwhelming for a first time RGB/AIO build and the forums have been a great resource to the old school builder.
Currently you are running the generic fan curve for the C-Pro, not "quiet", "balanced" etc., they are on your H100 CLC.

There's an easy fix but you need to either install one of your temperature probes or use the H100's liquid temperature for it to calm down (it can mitigated to an extent using hysteresis sampling but that's not supported by ICUE). Modern CPU's are constantly varying speed and thus heating up momentarily making the CPU temperature less than suitable for a stable fan speed. If you base off the liquid temperature of your CLC, this is far more stable a temperature source to use. You may also choose to use one of the external probes that came with your C-Pro taped somewhere suitable to base the curves off as well.

If you want a set of fan curves for your C-Pro that are based off your CLC liquid temperature, see below:

H₂O Temp Fan Cycle RPM

SP Quiet 20⁰C 25% 600
  25⁰C 25% 600
  29⁰C 30% 700
  33⁰C 40% 950
  37⁰C 50% 1200
  40⁰C 60% 1400

SP Balanced 20⁰C 30% 700
  25⁰C 40% 950
  29⁰C 50% 1200
  33⁰C 60% 1400
  37⁰C 70% 1650
  40⁰C 80% 1900

SP Extreme 20⁰C 40% 950
  25⁰C 50% 1200
  29⁰C 60% 1400
  33⁰C 70% 1650
  37⁰C 80% 1900
  40⁰C 100% 2350

If you choose another temperature source (such as a probe), obviously the "H₂O Temp" in the table will need to adjusted accordingly to a more suitable temperature range.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:30 PM
rft3rd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016415
rft3rd Reputation: 10

Thank you for your very detailed response.

I want to be sure I am doing this right.

I am going to base it off the H100 temps. The drop-down in ICUE does not state the H20 temps specifically but I assume the one I selected is correct as it is the only one available for the H100

Then I simply create the curves off of the chart you provide correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cp2.JPG (94.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 09-02-2019, 09:17 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016513
DevBiker Reputation: 88

The one you selected is the liquid temperature. So yes, that's the one that you'd use to create the curves.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 09-02-2019, 03:59 PM
BlaiseP's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016572
BlaiseP Reputation: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rft3rd View Post
Thank you for your very detailed response.

I want to be sure I am doing this right.

I am going to base it off the H100 temps. The drop-down in ICUE does not state the H20 temps specifically but I assume the one I selected is correct as it is the only one available for the H100

Then I simply create the curves off of the chart you provide correct?
Yup, sorry for the confusion with the temperature source, I'm using a full custom open loop and I just named it H₂O. Don't forget to activate the custom curve for that fan - highlight the custom curve under "profiles" and then select the fan(s).