The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2019, 05:51 PM
calmfocustruth

POST ID # = 1008556
calmfocustruth Reputation: 10
Default Keyboard K95 RBG (G18 keys) Macros simply stopped working, fix.

I just spent a few hours solving this myself. Hopefully this will help others.

Keyboard K95 RBG (G18 keys) Macros (Actions only) simply stopped working, fix.

CorsairUtilityEngineSetup.MUI_Release_1.16.42. (Old style CUE: this is superseeded CUE software and can be downloaded from Corsair, if you dig for it. Call +1 888-222-4346 for support)
Old style CUE --> https://gyazo.com/8abcfb10d7c80a4f6350a03b027f62e4
I get this msg when trying to install CUE CorsairUtilityEngineSetup.MUI_Release_1.16.42 software https://gyazo.com/e68c8a1ca2643aceef8bef50eef10492

This solved it for me-
1. Uninstall CUE completely and remove 'registry' leftovers (see next)
2. Goto Registry Editor (In PC search - type 'regedit' -->gives you Registry Editor) and remove completely Corsair folders from - Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\'Corsair' and Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\'Corsair'
3. Disconnect the keyboard
4. PC restart (Use old keyboard if you need to but, everything from here can be done with Mouse)
-Using a paperclip, thumb tack, or thin needle, hold down on the reset button located next to the polling rate switch (behind F10 there's a little pin hole, make sure you hold pin you're using, straight. Button inside only depresses ~ 2mm)
-As it is pressed down, connect the Corsair K95 RGB keyboard (you may need help to do this, it's tricky to do it all yourself) to a USB 3.0 port (blue) on your system (ensure the connector labeled with the keyboard icon is connected only. If using USB 2.0 you connect both USB's)
- A file explorer pop-up (check file explorer if it doesn't) will be displayed showing drive name as 'CRP_DISABLED' (where you see what 'drives' are available, something like CRP_DISABLED (H:) will be there, open it )
- Delete the 'firmware.bin' file that is on the CRP_DISABLED drive. Transfer the new K95RGB_ISP_V200.bin into CRP_DISABLED (H:) (or try K95RGB_APP_V204.bin if that fails. Anyone know the difference? Yes you have to repeat everything from 4.)
(I couldn't attach these .bin files or the CorsairUtilityEngineSetup.MUI_Release_1.16.42, you'll need to hunt them down on Forum somewhere, or Call +1 888-222-4346 for support)
5. Reinstall CUE software 'CorsairUtilityEngineSetup.MUI_Release_1.16.42'
6.Finished.

Last edited by calmfocustruth; 06-19-2019 at 06:03 PM. Reason: OCD

Tags
k95, macro fail, macros not working