Corsair Community

XD5 Pump Max Temp

cakesg

What happens if the coolant goes above 60c? I ran a stress test overnight and the fans turned off sometime. The coolant temp was around ~67c when I woke up. Will this damage my pump(as I read the maximum operating temperature is 60c) or my acrylic tubing?

Not the pump metal, plastic, or nylon components that have heat thresholds far above that level. Most manufacturers list a 50-60C maximum, but this has more to do with effective use. Your coolant temp is the lowest possible CPU temp with zero volts, so if you are idling at 60C, you will slam into the throttle zone anytime you apply load. I am somewhat surprised your PC did not shutdown or perhaps it did and you meant the coolant was still 60 something Celsius when you booted back up. That is possible since the heat dissipation will be very slow with everything off.

Not the pump metal, plastic, or nylon components that have heat thresholds far above that level. Most manufacturers list a 50-60C maximum, but this has more to do with effective use.

<snip>

I assume they like to state 60°C as a threshold for cases where people use PETG which may distort at the fittings around this temperature (especially the 10/12mm tube size).