Corsair Community

Corsairs Obsidian 500D SE Setup Advice and Diagrams

Zotty

Hey so I'm new at the whole PC building thing and love the way corsair has everything integrated together and I'v seen a few post about peoples RGB fan layouts with lighting node pros and commander pros, I'm looking at getting the QL120 fans in one of the Obsidian 500D SE cases with the included Commander pro and Lighting node core but i'm not entirely sure if it'll all work together. if anyone could tell me if this will work or if there is a better way to do this would be greatly appreciated

sorry for the bad lines

https://imgur.com/5HISEWR

Hi buddy.. yes that would work.. but..... are you planning on running all your fans off the commander pro or are you doing push/pull?

reason i mention it is.. if not and those 6 fans are all your fans,, then you need to power the 3 fans on the rad from the H150i, this ensures the correct operation of your cooler regardless of other hardware software!

you could use the original H150i fans on the inside of the rad and power those from the H150i and have your LL's on the other side powered by the Commander Pro..

Ignore the strips......

http://i.imgur.com/uQMh3gbl.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

First of all thanks for the super write up.

I'm splashing out on a new build in a couple of weeks. Main components as follows:

The 500D RGB case (hence why I'm posting here)

An AMD Ryzen 3900X and

Corsair H150i cooler.

I've got a couple of questions to help prepare me for the build. I believe the only mounting spot for the 380mm rad is on the front of the case. If so I plan on doing push/pull acting as an intake. This means I will do the following

Replace the ML120 fans on the H150i with the 3 LL120 fans that come with the case.

Purchase a set of 3 further LL120 fans for the top/rear of the case. These are currently priced at £20 each on Amazon for the fan only.

Then either use the ML120 fans on the inside of the rad or purchase further LL120 fans for this purpose. Ideally I want RGB on both sides of the rad but depends on my budget.

Am I better off purchasing the ML120 RGB fans for the rad or is the LL120 fans suitable for the 3900X?

Does the 500D contain everything I need for this or will I need another RGB controller?

Hi Zotty,

Thanks for all your feedback in this thread. I may have missed a post on this. Sorry if I am asking a question already asked.

Below is the hardware I am wanting to purchase, but want to make sure there is no conflict or perhaps if I can do this a better way?

1) Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB (3 LL120mm fans)

2) Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum 240mm (2 ML120mm fans)

3) Corsair QL120 ARGB 120mm 3 Pack with Lighting Node

4) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB)

I am wanting to install the H110i in the front of the case (radiator hoses at the top of the case), in a push/pull setup - using the top 2 LL120 fans at the front of the case to push the air into the H100i and use the 2 ML120's attached to the radiator to pull.

The bottom of the front 3 fans will still be an intake, and used to move the heat pushed out from the GPU.

The 3 QL120's I am wanting to use as exhausts by putting 2 up the top & 1 at the top/rear of the case.

Is there a way to get the radiator ML120's and the Vengeance RGB Pro to synchronise with the other case fans?

Should I change the orientation of the radiator?

Will I need to purchase any additional brackets & if so, what do you recommend?

Do I need to purchase anything else to get this working?

Any other input/suggestions are welcomed.

Kind Regards,

Peak

Hi Buddy..

1. the ram will sync.. dont worry about that.

2, h110i or h100i? as you state both dude. both will fit front or top.

3, due to you planning to sync 3 different types of RGB fan you will run into issues when using sequential effects.

• 2 months later...
Hi, I am doing my first pc build and had a questions about my wiring and rgb. I have a Corsair 500D SE case(with 3 included ll120s), a H150i RGB Pro XT, an additional ll120s 3-pack, and a HX750i. How would I go about connecting it all. I have looked at the diagrams and not sure which is closest to what I should do or what, if anything I might additionally need.

Hi, I am doing my first pc build and had a questions about my wiring and rgb. I have a Corsair 500D SE case(with 3 included ll120s), a H150i RGB Pro XT, an additional ll120s 3-pack, and a HX750i. How would I go about connecting it all. I have looked at the diagrams and not sure which is closest to what I should do or what, if anything I might additionally need.

Hi

veQagHel.png

link in this diagram zotty 's suggestion on the first page

Well I had seen that diagram just didn't know if in that diagram I am leaving the fans on that come on the H150i RGB Pro XT, as they are different fans. The ones on the H150i are ML120 and the others in the case and extra I have are LL120. Do they all need to be the same? Was gonna do a push/pull config on the front. Is that possible with the fans types?

Well I had seen that diagram just didn't know if in that diagram I am leaving the fans on that come on the H150i RGB Pro XT, as they are different fans. The ones on the H150i are ML120 and the others in the case and extra I have are LL120. Do they all need to be the same? Was gonna do a push/pull config on the front. Is that possible with the fans types?

i understand you want to use 6 fans in h150i

For example, for ll120 + 360 radiator + ML120 front panel first

Connect the fans (ML120) that come on the h150i to their fan terminals.

Connect all LL120 fans to commander pro

Edited by DarkCrazy

i understand you want to use 6 fans in h150i

For example, for ll120 + 360 radiator + ML120 front panel first

Connect the fans (ML120) that come on the h150i to their fan terminals.

Connect all LL120 fans to commander pro

So the ml120s would plug into the H150i and the 6 ll120s into the commander pro? Could I plug the H150i into the commander pro USB? And the HX750i? Would the fans still be able to sync rgb?

What about air pressure? Would the 3 ll120s and 3 ml120s as intake up front, and the top 2 ll120s and the 1 rear ll120 to be alright?

If you make the connections correctly, there will be no problem

veQagHel.png

make the connections in this diagram ..

get the air direction inwards from the front panel(3+3 fan) top(2 fan) and rear(1fan) fans out.

sample

(I'm sorry, I can't speak English. I am just writing to help.)

Edited by DarkCrazy

does this help?

http://i.imgur.com/JL7nA87l.png

this allows for Push/Pull on the h150i

Hi, I'm looking at building a rig with the 9 fan push/pull config with 150i ect, I have 2 questions:

Can I have my top 2 fans as LL140s and the rest LL120s without any issue (are they classed as the same fan type)?

dMbVSoz

Also in the same diagram,

you have 2 RGB LED fan hubs, my research says one of them would need to be bought separately but when bought separately (according to Zotty's RGB hardware FAQ), "When bought on its own you don't get the RGB 3 Pin (twin cable) data connection cable with it for connection to CoPro or NoPro" so does the extra cable come with the case or is there only one supplied to connect the RGB LED fan hub that comes with the case, meaning I would need to buy the cable?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello Zotty doing my first gaming build and doing a push pull configuration in a Corsair 500d

Case using 7 QL120 and 2 QL140 fans my question is when wiring the fans to push/pull

And I see the diagram with 3 fans to the pump and the other 6 to commander pro will the pump and the commander pro fight each other when running or will they work together being wired in different ways. Just worried that pump gets hot turns on full but commander pro doesn’t turn them up am I just being worried over nothing

Thank you for all the pics of wiring will help a bunch for me being a noob =)

as long as intake is filtered... (imho) can never have enough and positive pressure is a good thing. as it keeps the dust and fluff at bay.. although i do not have a 500d i do have a 570x which is pretty much the same chassis. i run mine as intake front and top (filtered) and single rear as exhaust.. works well imho.

Hello zotty,

I am still waiting on parts right now.but I will be building a 500d soon, I bought 4 single ql 120’s and 2 single ql 140’s. Swapping out the included ll120’s for 120 qls 2 140 on top and 1 120 in back. I didn’t think I would need to buy the combo pack because the 500d came with the commander pro and a hub. So I bought singles to save money. I also bought an rgb enabled 2080ti and 360mm aio cpu cooler. After reading about 6 qls maxing our the commander pros capacity, I’m thinking I might to be an additional lighting node pro perhaps? Not sure. And to further complicate things, isn’t it basically the same price for the lighting node pro with rgb strips as opposed to without? First time builder here and it’s a lot to take in.

Hello again zotty,

I was doing some more reading. And I have decided I might as well go push pull on the 360mm front rad. So I’m going to purchase 3 more ql 120’s this time bundling them and receiving the lighting node core. I’m also going to purchase the lighting node pro with 4 strips. Could you just provide a link to the correct diagram, I’m doing all this on my phone and it’s hard to navigate the forum on here.

Anyways your diagrams are absolutely amazing from what I’ve seen thus far. I was seriously doubting be able to sync every thing up. But now I’m confident it will all sync up. Also I’m assuming I just plug my rgb header from video card into one of the led channel ports on the commander pro?

Thank you for your time zotty!

Also I’m assuming I just plug my rgb header from video card into one of the led channel ports on the commander pro?

Thank you for your time zotty!

that may be an issue buddy... what GPU is it?