The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Andi1089's PC Specs

POST ID # = 918232
Andi1089 Reputation: 10
Default The Keyboard Not Load Properly

Hello,

I have this KB for months, but lately act strange to my computer, everytime I boot up my PC, sometimes the KB load properly, but mostly the KB not load the driver properly, the keyboard light stay red and white as a default state (it's like without CUE installed), the CUE have explanation mark on it and when I open the CUE th KB not detected only explanation mark on it's icon, the only way to fix it is I need to re-plug the USB Cable from my motherboard or restart my PC again and again till it load properly. I already re-install the CUE using verison 1 and 2, move the USB slot, but the problem not solved.

It is HW or SW issue?

Attached Images
File Type: png Corsair K65 Problem.png (29.8 KB, 422 views)
File Type: png Corsair K65 Problem 2.png (13.5 KB, 444 views)

Last edited by Andi1089; 08-30-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:50 AM

POST ID # = 918373
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Latest USB chipset drivers, BIOS, Windows updates?
Try a USB port that is controlled by the Intel Chipset. Refer to your motherboard's user manual to see which one is controlled by the Intel and ASMedia chipset.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:31 AM
Andi1089's PC Specs

POST ID # = 918387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
Latest USB chipset drivers, BIOS, Windows updates?
Try a USB port that is controlled by the Intel Chipset. Refer to your motherboard's user manual to see which one is controlled by the Intel and ASMedia chipset.
Yes it's the latest including the BIOS, I already tried to plug it into USB 2.0 by Intel Chipset, and still the same. Previously I plug it to USB 3.0 (ASMedia) for the master and USB 2.0 (Intel) for the slave cable like the manual said and it work perfectly till this month act like this. The Windows always updated (auto) and yesterday I tried to updated my W10 to Creator Update and the problem persist.

I just want to make sure this is not HW issue, It's still under warranty so I can RMA it.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:42 AM

POST ID # = 918568

Do you have fast boot enabled? If so, make sure USB initialisation is set to Full rather than Partial (If available) in the BIOS/UEFI.
What version of CUE are you currently using?

You will also want to put in a support ticket with Corsair and see whether they can [provide any suggestions if you have not done so already.
https://support.corsair.com/

Old 09-02-2017, 05:45 AM
Uggers's PC Specs

POST ID # = 918659
Uggers Reputation: 10

I have this bug as well.

It seems to be related to the keyboard still receiving power after you shut down your pc and restart it again.
Basically if you cut the power at the socket for a few seconds then turn it on again when you start the PC up this time it'll work fine.

Load of crap though as it worked for ages on my K95 RBG before hand then it just suddenly decided not to

Old 09-04-2017, 02:46 PM

POST ID # = 918970
dangtranquang15 Reputation: 10
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi1089 View Post
Hello,

I have this KB for months, but lately act strange to my computer, everytime I boot up my PC, sometimes the KB load properly, but mostly the KB not load the driver properly, the keyboard light stay red and white as a default state (it's like without CUE installed), the CUE have explanation mark on it and when I open the CUE th KB not detected only explanation mark on it's icon, the only way to fix it is I need to re-plug the USB Cable from my motherboard or restart my PC again and again till it load properly. I already re-install the CUE using verison 1 and 2, move the USB slot, but the problem not solved.

It is HW or SW issue?

I have same bug like you !!! Where' re you Corsair ??? Where is Mod ??? I have to use my K65 RGB with this bug very long time and get no fix ???? Please fix this !!! Thanks for your Report bro !!

Old 09-07-2017, 11:15 AM

POST ID # = 919244

@dangtranquang15

If you prefer direct support from Corsair, you will want to submit a support ticket or alternatively, you call them using their toll-free number on Skype for free.

https://support.corsair.com/

Old 10-04-2017, 11:38 PM
Andi1089's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922221

Im pretty sure this bug related to CUE. The latest CUE 2.18.81 still have same problem but not as bad as the privious one for detecting the KB. But the latest CUE doesnt have explanation mark on its icon when KB not load properly.

Dear, Corsair.

Fix your CUE on Windows 10 Pro x64 systems

EDIT :

I just realize, when the KB not load propelry and the CUE not detected the KB, when I press Caps Lock, the LED indicator on the right top corner not responding. It's happening right before the CUE launched after boot. FW Issue?

Last edited by Andi1089; 10-08-2017 at 08:56 PM.