Corsair Community

K70 RGB not keeping profile

Sprocket

Good evening,

I'm about to ebay this keyboard..

I'm using usb 3.0, so 1 (keyboard) usb hooked up. Running windows 10

Computer boots up and keyboard is black, no lights.

I try opening a profile, saving to device memory, and setting as default. When the corsair utility is open the lights work. As soon as i minimize it or close it the keyboard goes dark again. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

You are right that you need to plug in only one USB 3.0 connector to use your keyboard. (As long as it is the connector with the keyboard icon on it)

Check to make sure that automatic profile switching is enabled in the task bar by right clicking the CUE icon and scrolling to the bottom of the list of shown profiles. It should look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/2rhmhq9.png

Also, if you want to make sure that you've properly saved your profile to device memory - take a look here; you should see the icons I have circled in red:

http://i.imgur.com/HyJZkQz.png

Also, keep in mind that the onboard memory can only store static lighting - no animations and no macros. If the profile you stored has animations/macros in it, the keyboard will ignore them when CUE is not running. CUE will only save the background lighting to the device memory.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the same problem sort of. I have a K95 RGB. I only have static lighting in my profil, it's been saved to device memory, and it works fine if I have CUE running in Windows, but if I exit CUE the color profile "corrupts". That is, I can still see that it tries to use the colors I selected as they will remain in the same pattern that I chose, but the colors are different and wrong.

Is this supposed to happen?

Got the same problem sort of. I have a K95 RGB. I only have static lighting in my profil, it's been saved to device memory, and it works fine if I have CUE running in Windows, but if I exit CUE the color profile "corrupts". That is, I can still see that it tries to use the colors I selected as they will remain in the same pattern that I chose, but the colors are different and wrong.

Is this supposed to happen?

That could be caused by the fact 16.8 million colors are not applied with out CUE running

Archived