Corsair Community

corsair rm850x cables

StormChaser

hello everyone

i just got a new corsair rm850x white power supply. and need to ask a question about the ATX cable and the CPU cable. i am new to building after many years of a laptop. i see the ATX cable connects to my motherboard 24 pin. but at the PSU it has 2 separate connectors. do these have to both be plugged in or just one?

also the 8 pin cpu which of the 8 pin connectors does it need to be plugged into or do i plug it into a free one? again i am new at these advanced PSUs. any help is appreciated. thanks everyone

StormChaser

• Corsair Employee
hello everyone

i just got a new corsair rm850x white power supply. and need to ask a question about the ATX cable and the CPU cable. i am new to building after many years of a laptop. i see the ATX cable connects to my motherboard 24 pin. but at the PSU it has 2 separate connectors. do these have to both be plugged in or just one?

You plug them both in. Not sure why you'd even want to just plug only one in, even if you could.

also the 8 pin cpu which of the 8 pin connectors does it need to be plugged into or do i plug it into a free one? again i am new at these advanced PSUs. any help is appreciated. thanks everyone

All of the 8-pin connectors on the PSU are the same. You can plug it into any of them.