Corsair Community

Corsair RGB stuff, What do I need?

Venrith

Hi all,

First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong section. Anyway I am looking at building a new pc soon and im getting a little confused about how to connect all the rgb fans up (Even after looking at Zotty's guide). This is my current build plan (ignore the gpu.. not decided on 20 series or run older 980 till 30 series)

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Venrith/saved/Nck27P

So I know the triple fan packs come with a lighting node pro. So I am thinking I need just 1 commander pro? or will I need a second? Im thinking of adding a couple of rgb strips too. Do I need any RGB fan led hubs too?

Just a little confusing as my last build was pre rgb everything days lol and I would like to make sure I order everything I need.

Thanks

You're good with a single Commander Pro. I'm assuming that the ML-RGB fans will be on the radiator, correct? If so, they'll be controlled by the radiator.

The QL fans come with a Lighting Node Core. You'll only need one of them. The other can be a spare.

The ML fans can be connected to the Commander Pro and up to six strips can be connected as well. That'll leave a Lighting Node Pro that comes with the ML-RGB fans as a spare.

You're good with a single Commander Pro. I'm assuming that the ML-RGB fans will be on the radiator, correct? If so, they'll be controlled by the radiator.

The QL fans come with a Lighting Node Core. You'll only need one of them. The other can be a spare.

The ML fans can be connected to the Commander Pro and up to six strips can be connected as well. That'll leave a Lighting Node Pro that comes with the ML-RGB fans as a spare.

Brilliant, thank you! Yeah the ML fans are for the rad as I heard the QL’s are not the best for that job.

Ok so I’m having a little dilemma, so I have 10 fans, 7 are ql and 3 are ml (which are for the rad) all are rgb. So I’m using a rgb hub, lighting node pro and a commander pro. I am 1 pwm plug too short so I guess I can use a splitter there?

Also whichever combo I plug the rgb into there’s always 1 fan at least that doesn’t light up.. my best guess is I need to use the rgb hub for just ml fans, and the others in the lighting node pro which leaves me 1 short?

The commander pro usb slots are taken up by the lighting node pro and the h150i cpu cooler so I can’t plug in the other lighting node pro..

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

Ignore last, got it working by freeing up a usb header by moving the h150i one onto the motherboard header and used a second lighting node pro..

Now just waiting for the pwm splitter to get my last fan spinning and to figure out how to change the order that the fans light up.. one set of 3 fans is going middle - right - left