Corsair Community

iCUE Virtuoso Sound Issues

Version 3.35.152 got some update that caused all my games to have their sound really really muffled, tried everything, not running 7.1 or any effects. I Guarentee you it's iCue related due to sounding "normal" without the software running, the same profile is now messed up. Using the FPS one

Can anyone relate?

• Like 1

Yeah, I have the same issue. I've always used the "Bass Boost" preset in the iCUE software settings while listening to music and I immediately noticed the difference in sound. It sounds really weird now. It feels like someone is changing the volume up and down constantly.
  • Like 1

Reporting in that I'm experiencing the same issue. I've always used the Bass Boost profile and since the latest update (I think I updated 2 days ago) the sound is very muffled. When many low tones are present the audio level someone drops.

Should we submit a ticket with Corsair support or something or do they read this forum also?

• Like 1

Corsair support replied and they've asked me to check on a second PC. I did this on my new laptop, installed iCUE on it, connected the headset and listened to a couple of the same song. Exactly the same problem. Hopefully they can report it as bug to be fixed. I think they changed the default bass boost profile but not sure.

Are you experiencing these issues in both wired and wireless mode?

Yes. Also, my audio started crackling while using the headset with iCUE (probably a recent windows update caused this issue)

I don't have any audio problems when iCUE is disabled, but I can't change my EQ and RGB settings without iCUE.

Are you experiencing these issues in both wired and wireless mode?

Hi Nick,

I just tested this for you and yes, the problem occurs both in wireless mode and USB mode. I've ended up picking one particular song that really exposes the issue. "Boom" by "X-Ambassadors". It has a coupe of moments where you have vocals and then a very low continuous bass sound. When the bass sound comes along the audio levels start to fluctuate and everything sounds very muffled.

You can really hear it with this song going from 35 seconds in to about 42 seconds. It moves from the bass part of the song to the mid-high part again (vocals) with a very noticeable difference.

With my custom EQ I posted above it sounds fine. I think you guys just changed the default bass boost profile or something else with the EQ feature.

No, zero improvements its been like this from the last windows update or the last ICUE update, i dont know which to blame( firstly i noticed it in AC:VAllhala doing weird sounds, then it started doing more frequently, that made me think of my headseat broke but it seems im not the only one.

EDIT: The only improvement is only when i use the headseats without ICUE but i cant use the dolby.

Edited by Mafios

If you adjust the following settings, do you see any improvements?

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=200565

Hi Nick,

I've tried this suggestion in the following manner:

1. Switched EQ profile from my custom to the Bass Boost profile
  2. Played that same song I mentioned earlier using Spotify
  3. Noticed the problem was there.
  4. Shut off Spotify
  5. Turned off "Auto Audio Repositioning" in iCUE
  6. Started Spotify again & played the same song
  7. Problem still exists

So this suggestion did not work for me.

No, zero improvements its been like this from the last windows update or the last ICUE update, i dont know which to blame( firstly i noticed it in AC:VAllhala doing weird sounds, then it started doing more frequently, that made me think of my headseat broke but it seems im not the only one.

EDIT: The only improvement is only when i use the headseats without ICUE but i cant use the dolby.

Download CORSAIR iCUE v3.34.170 and then set your iCUE and iCUE Launcher (both in the path Corsair > CORSAIR iCUE Software) to compability mode -> windows 8. This fixed it for me.

Exact same problem, just updated my ICUE from 3.34 to 3.35.

Bass boost is now unusable, i was using the bass boost profile since i bought the headset few months ago and never had this issue until today.

did everything i could and the only thing that worked is to set a custom profile with half the values of the actual bass boost profile.

To give you a idea how unusable it is right now : im playing csgo and when there is a mollotov close to me i cant hear anything else because it's oversaturated with bass effect.d8687157f1de868a378cf02150b7dcc3.png

So I'm a still talking with customer support about this issue and they've suggested to go back a version of iCUE but they linked a way older version (3.13.94) and the instructions weren't fully up to date.

Here's what I did:

1. Exported my current iCUE profile
  2. Followed their uninstall instructions (basically uninstalling iCUE, removing any left over folders and removed the Corsair registry keys.
  3. Installed version 3.34.161

Problem seems to have disappeared. Also I noticed they didn't actually changed the sliders for the Bass Boost profile in 3.35.152 so something else must have happened.

I think they released a new version of iCUE yesterday 3.36.125, has anyone tried this?

So I'm a still talking with customer support about this issue and they've suggested to go back a version of iCUE but they linked a way older version (3.13.94) and the instructions weren't fully up to date.

Here's what I did:

1. Exported my current iCUE profile
  2. Followed their uninstall instructions (basically uninstalling iCUE, removing any left over folders and removed the Corsair registry keys.
  3. Installed version 3.34.161

Problem seems to have disappeared. Also I noticed they didn't actually changed the sliders for the Bass Boost profile in 3.35.152 so something else must have happened.

I think they released a new version of iCUE yesterday 3.36.125, has anyone tried this?

FWIW everything was fine with my Virtuoso SE audio, but I upgrade iCUE against my better judgement and now its muddy audio. I am going to revert back to 3.25.60 which worked well for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi so I got the same issue, but it is very specific, when I put the Bass Boost preset on iCue and play a song called Redbone from Childish Gambino, my Virtuoso SE started to crack while playing the song and it's sounds very awful.

Does anybody have an idea what's going on with this?

Pd: I have this issue since like 2 or 3 updates ago