Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2020, 09:30 PM

POST ID # = 1039136
Krd-Elsoy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominat0r View Post
I am going to do some research and see if we have grounds for a class action lawsuit. You can clearly see this is something that has persisted way to long that now its almost completely unusable. I cant use my scimitar at all, because if the software crashes during my games, i lose all my button macros and side buttons. I am sick of these crap companies coming here and selling products with such awful support for the software, which cripples the hardware.
hi,
You can use old Corsair Cue (not iCue) for your macro and Corsair Link for your fans. It's very stable for me.

I regret iCue :(
Old 03-29-2020, 08:36 AM
LordCerium's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039174
LordCerium Reputation: 10

I have the same iCUE problem here, since 2018. Every month I check for some magic update but... nothing on the horizon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krd-Elsoy View Post
hi,
You can use old Corsair Cue (not iCue) for your macro and Corsair Link for your fans. It's very stable for me.

IMHO that's the best thing to do
Old 03-29-2020, 04:44 PM
hearnia_2k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039237
hearnia_2k Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krd-Elsoy View Post
hi,

Don't think it works for custom fan curves? Also don't think it supports 6 LED strips connected to lightning node pro?
Old 03-30-2020, 03:47 PM

POST ID # = 1039378
Krd-Elsoy Reputation: 10

Hi,
I have had custom curves on Cue for several months (all different, sometimes from different sources (gpu or temp water) and it NEVER crashes!
Indeed cue does not offer the configuration of my case (omega rgb) but I can adjust my 4 HD 120 and my 4 LL 120 with the colors! As for the case it has a small integrated memory ... I explain ... I install iCue, I put the maximum of data on the hardware memory (mouse profiles, case profile colors) then ... I reboot, I install windows properly with Link, Cue and Aida64 and everything works without crashing or consuming resources.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:13 PM
kkturbo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039392
kkturbo Reputation: 10

Same problema here, two computers, most icue devices and always freezes and stop working. Problems begin after install LS100 on both computers. what a sheet.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:06 PM
lyndonbrooker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039820
lyndonbrooker Reputation: 10

Same issue. Been doing it for months, but now I literally can't play any game for more than about an hour without iCue throwing it's hands in the air and giving up. Oddly, it seems any case fans connected to my Commander Pro are still happy to adjust according to the temperature of my H100i, as far as I can tell. I can certainly manually change their speed. iCue doesn't display the change, but they are definitely responding. The fans on the H100i basically become dumb though, and spin at whatever rate they were running when iCue downs tools. I sadly also have a heap of other Corsair bits. RGB across the board (KB, mouse, LL fans, strips) seems entirely hit and miss. When iCue ****s the bed usually RGB continues to cycle as programmed. Sometimes however it resets to the hardware saved profiles. Other times, it locks up solid. Sometimes only my Corsair ram locks up solid. No rhyme or reason to what does and doesn't freak out on the RGB front. Honestly, looking at my system, between keyboard, mouse, fans, PSU, fan/LED controllers, ram and cooler, I am genuinely looking at about £500 of Corsair hardware here, that is completely at the mercy of your frankly shocking software. I note with interest that all of the Corsair staff binned off this thread some time ago. It simply isn't good enough that so many people are having the same sort of issues. If I end up with damaged hardware because your software SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK, you'll be replacing it, I assure you.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:16 PM
BrewMyTeabag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1041660
BrewMyTeabag Reputation: 10

Old 04-17-2020, 07:34 AM
tkahn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1041722
tkahn Reputation: 10

Wow!
I have spent the last one and a half hour reading posts to this thread from page 1 to page 29 and I'm just baffled! Corsair has a lot to learn when it comes to communicating with their users. I see lot's of creative, determined and skillful users that do everything in their power to help Corsair solve their problem - posting log files, setting up tests, trying out different versions, providing specs, enabling and disabling third party software etc. And the only response they get is silence or vague excuses from company representatives that are not technicians working on the project themselves.

As you probably might have figured out I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else in this thread. And like many of you I have specifically bought Corsair gear with the goal of having it all monitored in iCUE.

* H115i (CPU cooler)
* H80i V2 (GPU cooler)
* Corsair Commander
* Corsair PSU
* Corsair RAM

I even replaced my old NZXT GPU cooler just to have everything monitored in iCUE. And then I discover that the software is not working like it should.

Someone mentioned Linus Tech Tips. I'm thinking of sending them or JayzTwoCents a heads-up on this to see if they can shed some light on it.

Anyway - I'm impressed with you guys and all the effort you have put in to solve this problem. Less impressed with Corsairs way of dealing with it...
Old 04-17-2020, 08:09 AM
BrewMyTeabag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1041725
BrewMyTeabag Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkahn View Post
Wow!
Anyway - I'm impressed with you guys and all the effort you have put in to solve this problem. Less impressed with Corsairs way of dealing with it...
Hello mate, welcome to the **** show.

We have all attempted to get a representative involved such as LTT or JTC however, all of our attempts are met with complete silence. Know idea why.

If you have any other ideas, by all means, we'd all love to hear them. At this point, we are all pretty disheartened.
Old 04-18-2020, 05:54 PM
JLI's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1041905
JLI Reputation: 10

Hey,

I've had my Commander Pro + 2x Lighting Node Pros running for a day and I had to restart the service A LOT. After some time the graphs just stop and the Commander Pro's temperature sensors disappear. Like wtf, is this really a ~2 year old issue? xD
I'm running a fresh Win 10 Pro install.

I figured I should add my story to this mess :^)
Old 04-24-2020, 08:46 PM
hearnia_2k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1042917

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkahn View Post
Wow!
I have spent the last one and a half hour reading posts to this thread from page 1 to page 29 and I'm just baffled! Corsair has a lot to learn when it comes to communicating with their users. I see lot's of creative, determined and skillful users that do everything in their power to help Corsair solve their problem - posting log files, setting up tests, trying out different versions, providing specs, enabling and disabling third party software etc. And the only response they get is silence or vague excuses from company representatives that are not technicians working on the project themselves.

As you probably might have figured out I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else in this thread. And like many of you I have specifically bought Corsair gear with the goal of having it all monitored in iCUE.

* H115i (CPU cooler)
* H80i V2 (GPU cooler)
* Corsair Commander
* Corsair PSU
* Corsair RAM

I even replaced my old NZXT GPU cooler just to have everything monitored in iCUE. And then I discover that the software is not working like it should.

Someone mentioned Linus Tech Tips. I'm thinking of sending them or JayzTwoCents a heads-up on this to see if they can shed some light on it.

Since this all started I have changed:

Mainboard
RAM
Graphics card
Mouse
Keyboard
Monitor
Sound card (Though external, USB)
PSU

About the only things I have NOT changed are:

CPU
M.2 SSD

I've reinstalled numerous builds of Windows 10

Personally I see absolutely no weight in anything LinusTechTips says or does, Linus is a total dipstick as far as I can tell, with little interest in real knowledge in playing with computer HW.

Gamer Nexus or JayzTwoCents might be better, if either of them would have interest to pick this up.

For reference, my current spec is:

i5 9600K
Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac (Swapped wifi card to Killer AX1650 though)
32GB (2x16GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz DDR4
1TB Samsung 970 EVO SSD
PNY RTX 2080 Super Blower (Running Inno3d Super Jet BIOS)
SilverStone SST-SX650-G SFX PSU

Previously I was using:

i5 9600K
MSI MPG Z390I GAMING EDGE AC
16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black 3000MHz
1TB Samsung 970 EVO SSD
Manli GTX 1080
SilverStone SX500-LG v2

The issue in this thread has happened to me throughout

I have a Lighting Node Pro, and H80i

Last edited by hearnia_2k; 04-25-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:24 PM
Gavin0478's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1044108
Gavin0478 Reputation: 10

Happening to me too since switching to iCUE
Old 05-06-2020, 07:09 AM
hearnia_2k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1044783

Just posted in another thread, which I believe is semi-related to this dashboard thread. Corsair is using cpuid module version 1.49, while the latest is 1.92. This poses a security risk, but also such outdated modules could potentially explain why the dashboard breaks so often, and why there are compatibility issues with other monitoring tools.

Here is a link to the thread:
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthr...=1#post1044782
Old 05-13-2020, 05:37 AM
BlackBookOffici's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1045967
BlackBookOffici Reputation: 10

Soo.. Where do we start?
Couple of years ago i bought the Corsair H115I Extreme performance. Ever since then i had issues with corsair software just randomly locking up the fans and pump speed, which caused things in games or excessive programs to lag randomly, which then made me look at corsair software to figure out the fans were locked but temps were low.... Hmmm.. Tried to figure out how to restart the program which at the time was just closing the program in device manager and restarting it from the folder...

Now few years later after having insane problems with the H115I such as liquid temp 36c idle and load 42 ish... Recently I got my self this puppy: Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT with the ICue software of course...

But again it is happening....... I thought the H115I had some kind of firmware issues of some sort but even the h150i is having trouble?? What the heck is going on?

All i'm running is AMD software(GPU) realtemp and AISuite(motherboard/cpu ( overclock) ) that is it for monitoring? it's been years and many people are questioning it and still there is no fix..

Anyways, i bought the H150 ( XT ) for overclocking my delidded 8700k 4.8Ghz all cores with no avx offset and running a heavy game such as gta5 and the fans being stuck at some low rpm "because the service or something along that line decides to tell us to do it our selfs" is a huge NO NO.. Also the whole thing that states that this occurs when other monitoring applications are running is everything but nonsense. If that really is true then why don't you solve it? i could run realtemp hwinfo and aida at the same time without anyone of them having any issues with each other?

Anyways.. Again...
I'm insanely frustrated as this could randomly happen again and could get my cpu to reach temps such as 95-100c so i sure hope you(corsair) will put the hands up for the fast degraded cpu because of the heat.

Issues since 2017 H115I Extreme Performance
Still issues 2020 H150I Pro XT -- Oh yeah the pump is making some weird wheeewhoo noises sometimes which are very very obvious.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:50 AM
shuffl2me's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1045968
shuffl2me Reputation: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
This helps - it implies an issue with CPUID SDK, not iCUE itself. We will investigate.
passing the buck again with corsair. just like with the dodgey switches in corsair mice that they blame on micron