The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2017, 10:25 AM

POST ID # = 909623
pb21 Reputation: 10
Default K95 pre purchase question

Hi

Ive just taken my razor back as I couldnt read the non alpha (shift) characters as they are not illuminated. On the K95s are all keys illuminated all around so the shift characters can be seen? the question is for the mx brown and silver.

regards in advance.

Old 06-27-2017, 01:57 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 909640
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

The Shift key has full backlighting. Every key on the keyboard has individually assigned lighting. That lighting does reach the edge of the key, but the illumination is slight, but it lights the text well. So, it should be visible if that's your concern.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:45 AM

POST ID # = 909865
Testing123 Reputation: 10

Note: As you read the following, keep in mind that my assessments and views (no pun intended) are based on 62 year old eyes and I always have to wear glasses while using my computer.

I have a fairly recently purchased K95 RGB Platinum.

I've found that I like an all white keyboard illumination with a few keys (F, J, HOME and END) accented in red and the 'G' keys (G1 though G6 on the far left of the keyboard) each a different color depending on what I've programmed them for. In this type of scenario, I can see the secondary, non-alpha (shift) characters pretty well.

I just ran through a couple of other profiles to see how some of the 'less bright' type of illumination settings affect the characters you're interested in. I find that I can see the secondary characters associated with the number keys (atop the keyboard) as well as the larger type of characters such as { } | < > and ?. However, characters like : and ' are a bit more difficult for me to see, although still illuminated.

(Again, consider my vision constraints) -- I find the secondary 'word(s)' on the number pad a bit difficult to read, especially when using a less bright illumination. More specifically, I'm referring to INS, DEL, END, PG DOWN, HOME and PG UP.

At first I was a bit put off regarding the bold and 'blocky' font used for the key characters, but it seems to help with illumination and I'm finding the primary keys pretty easy to see even with the 'darker' profiles.

I suppose my biggest issue has been trying to get used to the secondary characters (word/s) being below the primary characters on the keys themselves. If your not familiar, here's a 'normal' number one key:
___
| ! |
| 1 |
----

Here's the K95's number one key:

___
| 1 |
| ! |
----

This is done because of the way the LED's are situated on each key. It makes the primary character really well lit, but the secondary character does not stand out as much. It's also, for me, a bit of a pain to get used to.

I hope this has helped...