The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2017, 10:03 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928335
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 116
Default Patch Notes for CUE 2.20?

Do we have some patch notes and a feedback thread for 2.20? It's been out about a week now and I am not overly anxious to try it blind.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:09 PM
z0n3y's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928344
z0n3y Reputation: 20

till got the same problems with this version to what i had with the last that being it crashes and brings up the this program was not made to run on windows and other dll errors

Old 11-30-2017, 08:28 AM

POST ID # = 928448
Jong Reputation: 10

Ditto here: 2.20 did not fix my need to restart CUE every time the switch user screen engages (e.g. after user timeout, sleep).

It also introduced a bug here where it would occasionally keep spamming the left mouse button (programmed to a G-key) endlessly, even on the switch user screen or on a different user, that was incredibly dangerous. You are essentially pressing buttons at random as you move the mouse across the screen and OK'ing anything your mouse touches, yet no one in Corsair has responded to either of these problems. In fact Corsair seems to have just disappeared from here.

I would definitely avoid upgrading to 2.20 until Corsair get their s*** together, issue the release notes so we know what it was even meant to do, re-engage with us and get a good bug-fix patch out.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:53 PM

POST ID # = 928535
datsyuk Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
Ditto here: 2.20 did not fix my need to restart CUE every time the switch user screen engages (e.g. after user timeout, sleep).
Been having the same issue, driving me crazy lol. Every time I sign back into Windows I have to boot CUE again.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:54 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 928652
Corsair James Reputation: 75

The issue with having to restart CUE is a known Windows bug in the Fall Creator's Update. We can't fix it at the moment because it's not related to CUE or Qt (our framework).

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 12-01-2017, 09:34 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928656
hastegag Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
The issue with having to restart CUE is a known Windows bug in the Fall Creator's Update. We can't fix it at the moment because it's not related to CUE or Qt (our framework).
can we put pressure on MS (cue users?) as a community? the FCU had a patch on November 14th related to "Addressed issue to ensure that certain USB devices and ... are enumerated properly after the system wakes up from Connected Standby." https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4048955

Do you guys think that is related or can we be a collective squeaky wheel with the feedback option?

Old 12-02-2017, 04:23 AM
Banned

POST ID # = 928705
cplifj Reputation: 10

simple patch note : this crap installs virtualization rootkit most likely.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:54 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928803
hastegag Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplifj View Post
simple patch note : this crap installs virtualization rootkit most likely.
if that were true, just run on a processor that does not support Virtualization and you're going to know if it gives you the same results

I'm sure the reason the install bumped your video card is because that QT plugin/dll they use draws the stuff on the application with 3d support. I'd never experienced that for what its worth in many version upgrades...even with multiple monitors at high refresh rates.. Id have noticed.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:21 AM

POST ID # = 928843
Sharkiller Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
this is not true. it happen to me on windows 7 x64 ultimate. after some time you can't open the program from tray. i keep my pc running 24/7. It only open a transparent window on taskbar and need to be closed with task manager to open the program correctly again.

corsair software is full of problems...

Old 12-03-2017, 09:55 AM

POST ID # = 928881
~Daniel~ Reputation: 10

Just updated from 2.18 to 2.20 on Win10 1703. I thought it was pretty cool that I wasn't even prompted for a reboot... I did anyway, and initial impressions are good.

After many gaming hours I can report no issues with any DLL or CUE crash/restart issues... but I'm guessing that's because I am not on Win10 1709.

Release notes would be awesome though :)

Last edited by ~Daniel~; 12-04-2017 at 10:43 PM. Reason: plenty of games hours in now