Corsair Community

Commander Pro and spinning Fans / Pump at Startup

prces

Hi folks

Would like to ask how is the behavior for the Commander Pro on startup.

Are all fans (and particularry) the attached pump (DDC, PWM) spinning on system startup at 100% or does the predefined curves in the Software kick in immediately?

I was planning to attach an 1/4" inline temperature water sensor in my reservoir, connect it to the Commander Pro and steer all the fans based on this temperature.

Thanks a lot!

If you set the Commander’s headers to “4 pin” rather than auto, they won’t do a 12v fan start when you power on. The Commander works especially well on 10k thermistors (water or air) as this is the native control source. With your fan curves set to run from the water temp, they will follow those directives at all times, software running or not including boot.

I just did a little test to know how it behaves since i do not use a PTC as control source (i use GPU temp, so i need the service to run), just in case you chose to change the control source.

If the service stops running (or during boot), the fans will run at the speed they were last controlled to run at.

Turn your computer off while they run at 1200 rpm, they will start at 1200 RPM.

That is with PWM fans.

I haven't tested too much but i believe there may be a safety as to how low the commander will run fans.

When i used HD120, i ran them slower to avoid noise (around 900 rpm at idle), and turning off the service made them accelerate a bit. With EK fans (quieter at faster speed), they seem to stay at speed, but they run faster..

TL:DR : what C-attack said :p