Corsair Community

H115i Pro & RM 850i Corsair Link

LambChop

Hi Guys, I believe my good old PSU is having some issues and needs replacing after 7 years:) It served me well.

Question is:

I already have a H115iPro, linked to a USB port.

If I buy a RM850i

1. Do I have to dedicate another USB slot on the Motherboard,

2. Is there a pass through setup I was unable to fathom from online manual

3. Assuming the 2 above are no, How??? Do I need a commander or some other snappily named and marketing approved gizmo or accessories.

I am pretty sure I am not the only one.

PS. I prefer not to have any LED's on, pulsing or dancing around except to show me the status of a module or system. I know, despite the horrandeous performance loss :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

No, it's because you are asking in the software section of a program replaced two years ago. There isn't much traffic and most of it unintentionally lands here.

Each device needs it own USB 2 connection. That's how it communicates with the software. However, USB 2 ports on the MB are getting pretty limited. A lot of people will get powered USB hubs to handle multiple devices. If just two, you might be able to get away with a USB 2 splitter, but those can be hit or miss on quality and the end result. Neither device needs a lot of bandwidth.

A commander pro does have 2 USB 2 passthroughs (while requiring its own), but I would only go that route if you want software fan control through iCUE. A powered USB 2 hub will be much cheaper.

No, it's because you are asking in the software section of a program replaced two years ago. There isn't much traffic and most of it unintentionally lands here.

Each device needs it own USB 2 connection. That's how it communicates with the software. However, USB 2 ports on the MB are getting pretty limited. A lot of people will get powered USB hubs to handle multiple devices. If just two, you might be able to get away with a USB 2 splitter, but those can be hit or miss on quality and the end result. Neither device needs a lot of bandwidth.

A commander pro does have 2 USB 2 passthroughs (while requiring its own), but I would only go that route if you want software fan control through iCUE. A powered USB 2 hub will be much cheaper.

Thank you...