Corsair Community

CLCP - Wrong Ryzen 2700x temp

ytzelf

Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2700x and it seems that CL cannot read temp correctly (latest version of both CL and CLCP firmware).

Cf screenshot

chQJucZ.png

Anyone got the same issue? There's a +-50C offset !! Completely screws with my fan curves..

Any source for this? I mean it's a pretty substantial bug so I guess they'll get into it fast but any insider insight would be welcome.

Source for? Saying that it's being worked?

First, it's an issue with CPUID ... may even be fixed on the next drop. That part ... I'm not sure.

Second, I reported it to Corsair's PM and he said they'd get on it.

I got the same problem on my completely new rig with preinstalled Corsair Link. The rig was planned, build and checked by a professional from a big hardware distributor, so no hardware issues or incompatibilities I guess. I hope the software just needs a update.

Corsair Link:

CPU package: ~70-90°C

Cooling liquid (Corsair h115i Pro, fans on performance): ~28°C

The values from AMD Ryzen Master are more interesting though:

CPU temperature 25-45°C

After a short 1h gaming sesh (older game) the liquid temperature climbed to 29°C with the CPU temp staying at ~40°C. So the system just works fine I think.

1190354113_Ryzen2700xtemp.jpg.fe7dd4b887ae8066895bc36110bc4699.jpg

I have the same problem after installing my Ryzen 7 2700X. I just made a custom profile and created a custom fan curve off of my VRM temps instead of the CPU. It works quite well! Take a look at the pic.

When a fix comes out I'll just go back to a fan curve off of the CPU.

1122500283_customfancurve.thumb.JPG.adb4c7f272d51246e9ce86665a0bc963.JPG

I have the same problem after installing my Ryzen 7 2700X. I just made a custom profile and created a custom fan curve off of my VRM temps instead of the CPU. It works quite well! Take a look at the pic.

When a fix comes out I'll just go back to a fan curve off of the CPU.

For a cooler, your fan curve should be based on the coolant temperature, not CPU, VRM or anything else.

For a cooler, your fan curve should be based on the coolant temperature, not CPU, VRM or anything else.

Would that be the H80i V2 in my case?

Cause it's not working like it used to when I had my 1700. It used to spin up and down. Now it just stays put. So that's why I made the profile to off of the VRM temps until a fix comes out.

Would that be the H80i V2 in my case?

Cause it's not working like it used to when I had my 1700. It used to spin up and down. Now it just stays put. So that's why I made the profile to off of the VRM temps until a fix comes out.

Yes, that would be the H80i V2 in your case. All of the default curves are based on that as well.

Not sure that a "fix" needs to come out; if the fan curve is based on your coolant temperature and your coolant temperature isn't moving very much ... they they won't spin up and down. Fans spinning up and down rapidly is typically a sign that the fan curve is based on CPU temperature (which is quite spiky).

Yes, that would be the H80i V2 in your case. All of the default curves are based on that as well.

Not sure that a "fix" needs to come out; if the fan curve is based on your coolant temperature and your coolant temperature isn't moving very much ... they they won't spin up and down. Fans spinning up and down rapidly is typically a sign that the fan curve is based on CPU temperature (which is quite spiky).

Cool, Thanks. At least they could fix the high CPU temp bug.

I'll put it back at default and monitor it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2700x and it seems that CL cannot read temp correctly (latest version of both CL and CLCP firmware).

Cf screenshot

chQJucZ.png

Anyone got the same issue? There's a +-50C offset !! Completely screws with my fan curves..

Same here with 2700x.

• 2 weeks later...

Response from Corsair:

"We have tested this against a Ryzen 2 and can verify that yes, the temperatures are reporting incorrectly in our software. We are currently working on a fix for this, and should hopefully have something out in a future update soon. We apologize for any inconvenience which this is is causing."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I, too, am seeing this same thing. Temps in BIOS, as well as other monitoring software report the CPU temperature correctly while Link is reporting ~89°C at idle and well over 100°C under any load.

Thread was started on 4/19/2018. As of 6/25/18 the issue still exists. Is there any sort of timeframe for when the fix is going to be released?

Hello. I have the same temperature difference problem on LINK corsair (+ 50 ° gap) and also a difference of 10 ° on the MSI software of the motherboard.

I hope that corsair will quickly solve this problem. It is quite annoying that the problem is still not resolved in July 2018!

Corsair is aware of this and working on the fix. I don't have an ETA.

In all honesty, the temp sensors for the AMD platform are something of a challenge due to AMD's implementation. And they changed the temperature offset for the 2nd generation Ryzens somewhat at the last minute without telling anyone. This was actually mentioned in the press shortly after the release of the CPUs.