Corsair Community

Corsair Link no longer detects my H110i | Can't change fan speeds

JamiTomlinson

Hello there, just earlier today, the fans on my H110i randomly revved up to 2800rpm so I checked out my Corsair Link and it seems at first that it was downgraded for me. I was no longer able to edit any of my fan speeds or change the LED on my pump to change according to CPU temp. My configure page doesn't show my H110i anymore and it only says that I have 3 "MB fans" instead of listing my radiator fans.

I updated my software to the latest version which changed nothing, so I completely uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? Should I unplug and replug in my Link cable on my motherboard?

Thanks for the help :)

Hey guys I had the same issue with my H100i after installing the Windows 10 Creator's Fall update and I just seemed to fix it.

Go to disk cleanup, click on system files and remove all the previous windows update files which should be something like 28GB. I checked ALL the boxes because YOLO. I also removed shadow copies and extra system restore files. That alone may have done the trick but I also re-installed my Nvidia display driver and rebooted since I seemed to have some stuttering and frame drops on my 1080Ti after the Windows update.

Checked Corsair Link and now it properly detects my H100i and all the profiles work again! :D:

Hope this helps someone and please let me know!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Hello there, just earlier today, the fans on my H110i randomly revved up to 2800rpm so I checked out my Corsair Link and it seems at first that it was downgraded for me. I was no longer able to edit any of my fan speeds or change the LED on my pump to change according to CPU temp. My configure page doesn't show my H110i anymore and it only says that I have 3 "MB fans" instead of listing my radiator fans.

I updated my software to the latest version which changed nothing, so I completely uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? Should I unplug and replug in my Link cable on my motherboard?

Thanks for the help :)

I went through similar issues where it wouldn't detect the H100i and I couldn't control it. I started doing some research and reading from forums trying to figure out the problem.

Everyone else had similar issues and many had different suggestions, I did followed a few and none worked.

I kept trying to figure out the problem and I said to myself could it be the USB Dongle??...Found out it was the USB Dongle! By replacing the USB Dongle from my son's H110i, right away it was working with no issues.

My H115i is no longer working after W10 fall update. Link see's the fans but not the pump. CPU temps higher than normal too, hitting 60c and that never happened before.

What is the dongle?

Device manager says Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

any help is appreciated

Edited by EBS

My H115i is no longer working after W10 fall update. Link see's the fans but not the pump. CPU temps higher than normal too, hitting 60c and that never happened before.

What is the dongle?

Device manager says Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

any help is appreciated

That's the same problem I was having until I switched the USB Dongle from another H110i and it works!

The Dongle is the USB Cable that you connect from the pump to the motherboard USB header at the bottom, so you can control the Fans, LED and Monitor the cooling system.

Here's the link from Corsair > http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cooling-parts >Then scroll down and look for the Hydro Series H100i H80i Cable Kit $14.99 USD buy it and just replace the USB Dongle (Cable).

When my H110i GT stopped showing in Link, I cured it by switching my computer off, disconnecting the power lead, pressing the power button, on the front of my case, several times, leaving it a minute or so, then plugging the power lead back in and rebooting the computer,

When my H110i GT stopped showing in Link, I cured it by switching my computer off, disconnecting the power lead, pressing the power button, on the front of my case, several times, leaving it a minute or so, then plugging the power lead back in and rebooting the computer,
I personally didn't like those steps at all :ummmm:...plus that method doesn't work for everyone, which at the time I was following.

I tried different methods from a few other forums here and there, spending over an (hour) trying to figure out the issue and nothing worked :thinking:, until I decided to get up :roll: and get a mini USB cable from another gadget.

Within (seconds)! :werd:switching the cable, fixed my issue.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Just had the same problem after a main Windows update, and have a different work around that doesn't require a new cable.

Long steps below for clarity, but the short version is that removing the unidentified usb device and then refreshing you usb composite controller via update driver, and let me pick rather than automatically, allows the cooler to be redetected. Note this was after reinstalling Link which didn't work.

Long version.

Just go to Device Manager (right-click start and select device manager)

Find Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand the list. Its possible that its already expanded as it cound be shwing unknown USB device.

Uninstall unknown USB device (Right click and select uninstall)

right click USB composite devices and select Update

Select Browse my computer for driver software.

Select Let me pick...

Then make sure USB Composite is selected and press next.

The driver should seem to be updating and the cooler should be available.

If composite doesn't work then repeat for any USB 2.0 controllers listed.

Howfully this should refresh the driver and allow the Cooler to be detected.

• Confused 1

Hi,

Just had the same problem after a main Windows update, and have a different work around that doesn't require a new cable.

Long steps below for clarity, but the short version is that removing the unidentified usb device and then refreshing you usb composite controller via update driver, and let me pick rather than automatically, allows the cooler to be redetected. Note this was after reinstalling Link which didn't work.

Long version.

Find Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand the list. Its possible that its already expanded as it cound be shwing unknown USB device.

Select Let me pick...

This sounds like there was an update that gnarfed the driver for the USB controller ... is that accurate? :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Select Let me pick...

Just registered a forum account to say thank you for posting this!

I didn't read the steps carefully first time ("I've done this before, I know what I'm doing..." :rolleyes: ) and simply uninstalled the unknown device, then scanned for hardware changes (which only re-detected it as an unknown device), then followed the rest of the steps from "Browse My Computer" onward while muttering to myself "see I knew this wouldn't work" -- didn't work, DON'T DO THIS!

To clarify, for anyone else in the same boat arriving here: uninstall the unknown device, then right-click and update a DIFFERENT USB Composite device in the Device Manager list -- an existing, recognized, working device. Then follow the steps from "Browse My Computer" onward.

I assume what this does is to force Device Manager to check and download the latest driver from MS online; but trying to update the driver directly on the borked unknown device allows Windows to take the shortcut of thinking "oh it's a USB Composite device, I already have a driver lying around on the local disk that works for other USB Composite devices -- I'll use that one" (except it doesn't work for this).

tl;dr: RTFM. :oops: My H110i GT is back up and working with Corsair Link again immediately after a swift reboot. Really appreciate the tip.

___

Edit to add: Your solution really deserves its own separate post, since it's not really related to the issue that this thread began with (driver issue vs. hardware issue).

Also, just to confirm that my problem also began immediately after installing the Windows 10 April 2018 update.

Edited by Flim

• 2 years later...

Edit to add: Your solution really deserves its own separate post, since it's not really related to the issue that this thread began with (driver issue vs. hardware issue)..

Totally agree, helped me also