Corsair Community

Only the first three ports work on the RGB Fan LED Hub

qoatzelcoat

Let me describe the situation,

Initially I bought the 3-pack LL120 RGB, and its working fine. Then I decided to buy another one to fill my case. The fan spins, but no LED lights up, then I searched the forum and found out that I need to change the number of fans in the Lighting Setup in my Node Pro. But nothing changed.

I tried to switch my new fan to first, second, and third port and is working fine. I'm also tried to switch the known working fans to the fourth, fifth, and sixth port (with the 6 fans option in the Node Pro) but none works.

Is it possible that my LED hub is faulty, or the included hub indeed intended only works with 3 fans altough 6 ports are available?

If it is faulty, I've contacted my seller to RMA'd it, and I have to return the whole 3-pack bundle, which is too much hassle for just one hub.

The fan hub should work on all six ports.

Some question: did you hot plug any of the fans? Did you try moving the fan hub to the other lighting channel? After reconfiguring the lighting channel, have you restarted the system? (you shouldn't need to but just to check).

1. Yes, I did hot plug to test my fans, but I did cold one too

2. I'm also tried changing the second channel, selecting number of the fans too. When I chose one to three, they lit up consecutively, reaching to four to six, still only three lit up.

3. I restart them several times, and also turning off completely and wait for couple hours before turning itu on again. I even tried downgrading the LNP just to see if it makes anything different.

I have the exact same problem. Switched out the fanhub for a new one and still have the same problem. Looks like a software bug?

New update: the fourth fan suddenly lit up, but unresponsive to any settings in the iCUE. It stays on with rainbow wave pattern no matter what settings are applied.

In my country, I could not find the stand alone rgb hub, it ia always bundled with three-packs. So, changing the hub was the least thing I would do. Glad to hear that somebody else experience it and may not be hardware issue

New update: the fourth fan suddenly lit up, but unresponsive to any settings in the iCUE. It stays on with rainbow wave pattern no matter what settings are applied.

In my country, I could not find the stand alone rgb hub, it ia always bundled with three-packs. So, changing the hub was the least thing I would do. Glad to hear that somebody else experience it and may not be hardware issue

Well the first three ports work for me and the last 3 don't (with the brand new hub). With the old hub the first 3 worked correctly, port 4 and 5 gave a very strange rainbow color to the fans and last port was not working at all.

So what I am saying is, the new hub didn't fix the problem! :sigh!:

Well the first three ports work for me and the last 3 don't (with the brand new hub). With the old hub the first 3 worked correctly, port 4 and 5 gave a very strange rainbow color to the fans and last port was not working at all.

So what I am saying is, the new hub didn't fix the problem! :sigh!:

#MeToo, maybe it was also shows the same strange rainbow color. But, when I turn on my PC this morning, the LED is off again.

Thanks for the heads up! I won't buy new hub, then.

• 1 year later...

This is usually due to a bad fan in the chain. As the fans operate in series, one bad fan can take the rest out. It's even possible that the fan lights up just fine ... but doesn't pass the signal down.

While there are cases where it's the fan hub, these are quite rare. This is why we recommend folks rearrange fans on the hub ... and be methodical about it.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere in the forums that also being fans from Corsair that not all fans work the same. SO if you have SP's and LL's you can not plug their LED connections together to the same HUB as they will not work together. All Fans on the HUB need to be the same type.

Put my one cent worth in. I read this as I am trying to make sure that all my fans will light up when connected.

• 3 months later...

I know this is kind of an old thread but I also had this issue when I bought an extra 4th LL120 fan in addition to the other 3 LL120 I had.

The solution for me was to change the number of fans my Lighting Node Core was detecting from 3 to 4. To do that, you go to iCue, go to your Lighting Node Pro, click on lighting setup, and there should be a dropdown to select how many fans are supposed to be connected. I have my Node Core to channel 1 of my Node Pro so I'm not sure if this will work for other setups.

I hope this helps

I know this is kind of an old thread but I also had this issue when I bought an extra 4th LL120 fan in addition to the other 3 LL120 I had.

The solution for me was to change the number of fans my Lighting Node Core was detecting from 3 to 4. To do that, you go to iCue, go to your Lighting Node Pro, click on lighting setup, and there should be a dropdown to select how many fans are supposed to be connected. I have my Node Core to channel 1 of my Node Pro so I'm not sure if this will work for other setups.

I hope this helps

Another tip i realized especially when dealing with pre built lighting profiles, is to make sure the additional fan has the leds selected on the lighting channels.

Sometimes newly added fans arent by default included in the profile