Corsair Community

CLCP - Wrong Ryzen 2700x temp

ytzelf

I bought Corsair H115i Pro to replace my stock Ryzen 2700X cooler. Even I have the same issue with temperature reported in iCUE software where package temp is between 80-85 C whereas HWmonitor and MSI afterburner shows 39C. Is there any firmware update to fix this?

Just finished a new build last night with a Ryzen 2700x + 115i RGB, seeing crazy high temp numbers and thought the pump was broken!

Yeah think with a cooler product the QA team would check the Temps being reported by the software lol....

Same issue here thought it was my Motherboard kept updating the Bios was lost (CrossHair Vii Hero) I uninstalled all corsair software no issues also just a note NZXT software is working so i have that installed but no colored fans or anything sigh... anyway hope this is fixed soon!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just upgraded to a 2600 from 1600, and now the temp is all screwed up for me too (checked against multiple other software like Aida 64, HwInfo64 etc)

xfMmQic.png

Already responded in the separate thread that you made. Multiple posts on the same issue really aren't helpful. Just sayin' ...

Corsair is aware of this and working on the fix. I don't have an ETA.

In all honesty, the temp sensors for the AMD platform are something of a challenge due to AMD's implementation. And they changed the temperature offset for the 2nd generation Ryzens somewhat at the last minute without telling anyone. This was actually mentioned in the press shortly after the release of the CPUs.

Any news about this?? I'am very disappointed by Corsair for this issue, several months have passed and I'am tired to see this wrong value daily on Corsair Link.

It should be fixed in the current iCue build.

Keep in mind that, while it's easy to blame Corsair, it's not entirely their fault. Reviews of the 2nd gen Ryzen noted that AMD changed the thermal sensor offsets at the last minute and without really telling anyone about it. From there, the fix needs to be rolled into the CPUID SDK that they use for monitoring and then integrated into iCue - none of which can happen overnight. Certainly, it's frustrating - I get that - but at least some of that frustration should be directed towards AMD as well.

It should be fixed in the current iCue build.

Keep in mind that, while it's easy to blame Corsair, it's not entirely their fault. Reviews of the 2nd gen Ryzen noted that AMD changed the thermal sensor offsets at the last minute and without really telling anyone about it. From there, the fix needs to be rolled into the CPUID SDK that they use for monitoring and then integrated into iCue - none of which can happen overnight. Certainly, it's frustrating - I get that - but at least some of that frustration should be directed towards AMD as well.

Thanks for your reply. I understand what do you say. IMHO if there is so complicated things behinds, (I speak as incompetent) why not implement a sort of manual offset in CL? So I know that my 2700x temp are under -30° I set -30 and so I see the real temp. It is possible to do? Thanks :)

Thanks for your reply. I understand what do you say. IMHO if there is so complicated things behinds, (I speak as incompetent) why not implement a sort of manual offset in CL? So I know that my 2700x temp are under -30° I set -30 and so I see the real temp. It is possible to do? Thanks :)

All things are possible ... it's a question of time, money, available resources, and other priorities.

So ... it's possible. Will it happen? I don't know.

• 2 months later...

Ive found a solution for the problem.

I just registered to help you guys out.

In iCue:

1. Go to Settings.

2. Update Firmware (even when u already have the newest)

3. It will remind you, that you already have the newest Version.

4. Force Update.

5. Cooling makes some strage noises -> Profit

Hope my post was usefull. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
January 2020 and still not fixed. R7 2700X and still wrong temp.

Almost June 2020 now, and the same issue remains.

Unless they do something soon, it's likely it wont ever get fixed.