Corsair Community

Corsair Command Pro/RGB Fan Hub/HD 120mm Fan lights not working

CBazzle

Hello,

I have ran into a issue with my build. I have 6 Corsair HD120's connected to the Commander Pro and the RGB hub connected to the commander pro but only 1 fan has the rgb functioning correctly and another just has a single green led lit up. I have disconnected them and plugged each one up individually to the #1 slot on the RGB hub and they work as designed so i ordered and replaced the RGB hub believing it was bad and the same issue still exists. I have updated the firmware in the commander pro and the iCue software and still no change. I have the channels selected in the Icue software for HD fans and selected 6 for that LED channel. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

440209208_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.ff50ba27992aba983dd471f1a692b780.png

1090528563_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.8b859da686979baac9cf75861647c6d5.png

So ... take the fan that is before the first fan that acts up.

Put it at the end.

The fan RGB operates in series - one fan passes the data to the next and so on. So it's entirely plausible (and we've seen it several times) for a fan to light up but not pass the data. These are the fans that failed "Sharing Nicely" in Kindergarten.

OK additional note I have tried plugging them in several different ways so that the series change but still only the fan plugged into port 1 on the RGB hub will work. I am lost and getting frustrated. I dont know what else to try. Please Help!!

First - make sure that you have the connected to the correct channel.

Next - and here's where your issue is, I think - you have to realize that the fans operate in series. One fan passes data to the next fan and so one. So one bad fan in the chain can take the whole thing out. The challenge is to determine which one (or more) is bad and not passing the data. Just because a fan works on it's own in port 1 does not mean that it is good. That's only 1/2 of the test. If a fan works in port 1 AND the next fan also work, THEN (and only then) can you consider the fan "good".

Randomly rearranging them won't always get you the answer. You have to be very methodical about it. Mark the ends so you can track them. Put a fan in port 1. Does it light up? If yes, put it in port 2. Then put another fan in port 1. Does it light up? Does the next? If yes to both, then that fan is "good". Keep going until you identify the good and the bad. It is entirely possible that a fan can completely light up and not pass data to the next fan.

OK, So i have just taken each fan and plugged into port 1 on the RGB hub and then took turns plugging the other 5 into port 2 and only get 1 led on each fan to turn on. I have repeated this process 6 times using all of the fans in ports 1 and 2 with no change. Does this mean by some random freak occurrence that all of the fans rgb serial signal has died?