Corsair Community

Hello everyone,

So my k70 RGB LUX keyboard came in, and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Now, what isn't gorgeous is that the chery mx blue keys are inconsistent, some keys don't even have the clicky, they feel mushy, stiff, and it feels totally off compared to my other cherry mx blue keyboard (quickfire rapid).

It feels like the spring/switch itself is hella dry, as if the switches don't have any lube applied to them (I don't know if that's standard procedure).

I thought this problem was fixed :(

Hey man, I'm in the same boat. I just received it about two hours ago and you're completely right. Some keys click nicely, others just sound like an MX Brown. The bigger keys are the most off putting on my keyboard, I kind of wish Corsair would use Costar stabilizers on their keyboards as my spacebar is rattling a lot. This is the first Corsair keyboard I've owned and I must say the keyboard itself is beautiful to look at. I don't know what to do as I doubt a replacement would solve the problem.

Hello everyone,

Now, what isn't gorgeous is that the chery mx blue keys are inconsistent, some keys don't even have the clicky, they feel mushy, and it feels totally off compared to my other cherry mx blue keyboard (quickfire rapid).

It feels like the spring/switch itself is hella dry, as if corsair didn't apply any lube to it..

Because of this problem that some are having, should i cancel my K70 LUX w/ Blues order? or not?

Hello everyone,

Now, what isn't gorgeous is that the chery mx blue keys are inconsistent, some keys don't even have the clicky, they feel mushy, and it feels totally off compared to my other cherry mx blue keyboard (quickfire rapid).

It feels like the spring/switch itself is hella dry, as if corsair didn't apply any lube to it..

Do the keys feel stiff or are they smooth?

Does this mean i should cancel my order?

Honestly, you might get lucky and receive a good keyboard. If I were you I would place the order and wait until I receive it, and if there are any problems, simply ask corsair for a replacement board with different switches, or ask for a refund.

Stiff. Nothing like my other blue keyboards. What the heaven's Corsair? I'm sad because I paid $160 and expected a splendid experience :(

Deep down I knew the blues would still have problems. I had a K70 Non rgb cherry mx blue keyboard and I had the same experience as you right now with mushiness and stiffness. I later bought a ducky shine zero with blues (currently own) and it feels amazing in comparison to the K70. The keys were consistent throughout the board and they were not stiff at all.

After having a not so good experience with a K70 RGB, I was considering giving Corsair another go with a K70 RGB LUX with blue switches, especially after reading this......

It has been resolved. Cherry did have some QC issues in the past with blue switches, but we were able to work with them to get it addressed.

I can't update my original post. I'm hopeful that after a week, some of the mushy keys will "break-in" after I use them more and hopefully they'll act like normal. I'll update my original post in a week if I still can. For some reason I can't edit it now.

I can't update my original post. I'm hopeful that after a week, some of the mushy keys will "break-in" after I use them more and hopefully they'll act like normal. I'll update my original post in a week if I still can. For some reason I can't edit it now.

Yes. Please post a video showing the problem.

I'm having pretty much the same experiences as you, the larger keys feel very stiff to press down especially the backspace key. I recorded a video showing what the keyboard sounds like during a normal typing scenario: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI1pt3R8wHM[/ame]

Pressing down on individual keys one at a time really highlights the problem of inconsistent clicks, also is the spacebar supposed to sound like that, with that kind of loud/rattling noise? This is the first keyboard I've used with Cherry stabilizers on the keys instead of Costar so that may be why the spacebar sounds and feels very off for me.

Try using the keyboard for a couple of days and see if the switches become any more consistent? I'm gonna give it a week. If it doesn't... then I might have to replace it for an MX brown... hopefully that doesn't end up being the case.

A consideration to make is that while only a small percentage of people experience problems, the people who experience problems are the most likely to post about the product (rightly so). You don't see many posts saying "Everything is perfectly fine!" even though most users don't have problems.

If you buy a Corsair product and end up having an issue like mushy Blues, they will surely take good care of you :):

A consideration to make is that while only a small percentage of people experience problems, the people who experience problems are the most likely to post about the product (rightly so). You don't see many posts saying "Everything is perfectly fine!" even though most users don't have problems.

If you buy a Corsair product and end up having an issue like mushy Blues, they will surely take good care of you :):

Don't really see how your post is at all relevant to this thread's discussion.

The thing is, this keyboard is not even released yet on the market. There are numerous complaints regarding Corsair's implementation of RGB MX blue keys on amazon, newegg for their strafe and older k70 model.

The fact that multiple amount of people who were able to get this keyboard early are reporting the same issues is very concerning.

It would be much better for Corsair and their customers if they sold keyboards that work properly in the first place. I got a refund on my K70 RGB after waiting ages for the promised 16.8m colours, only to get flickering 16.8m colours (and a couple of faulty LEDs). Now there's 16.8m colours without flicker, but if you want blue keys there could well be a problem with them. Quality control seems to be lacking.

It would be much better for Corsair and their customers if they sold keyboards that work properly in the first place. I got a refund on my K70 RGB after waiting ages for the promised 16.8m colours, only to get flickering 16.8m colours (and a couple of faulty LEDs). Now there's 16.8m colours without flicker, but if you want blue keys there could well be a problem with them. Quality control seems to be lacking.

If I encounter any of these issues, I think I'm just going to ask for a refund a go with a ducky shine 5 with blues.

If I encounter any of these issues, I think I'm just going to ask for a refund a go with a ducky shine 5 with blues.

Personally, if you encounter issues, give it about a week to "warm up" to see if the issue will go away.

• Corsair Employee

Spacebar, Enter, Shift, backspace, etc. will all feel different because we're using Cherry stabilizers for those long keycaps. If you're coming from a keyboard that never used a Cherry stabililzer, that is indeed the difference you're feeling.

As for the noise of the key switches, I do hear a difference but Cherry has told us there is a "break in period" for the keys. You should feel a difference after using it for a while. The slight stiffness is more pronounced on MX Blue type of switches but is actually there for all switches.

Finally, all MX RGB Blue switches are all sourced from Cherry. We don't add or remove anything to the switch as they're shipped directly to our keyboard manufacturer from Cherry themselves to be added to the keyboard. Even if you get a keyboard from a different vendor that has Cherry MX Blue RGB switches, you will get the same result minus the different stabilizers they will use for elongated key caps.

Spacebar, Enter, Shift, backspace, etc. will all feel different because we're using Cherry stabilizers for those long keycaps. If you're coming from a keyboard that never used a Cherry stabililzer, that is indeed the difference you're feeling.

As for the noise of the key switches, I do hear a difference but Cherry has told us there is a "break in period" for the keys. You should feel a difference after using it for a while. The slight stiffness is more pronounced on MX Blue type of switches but is actually there for all switches.

Finally, all MX RGB Blue switches are all sourced from Cherry. We don't add or remove anything to the switch as they're shipped directly to our keyboard manufacturer from Cherry themselves to be added to the keyboard. Even if you get a keyboard from a different vendor that has Cherry MX Blue RGB switches, you will get the same result minus the different stabilizers they will use for elongated key caps.

What about the mushy keys people are feeling? And the fact that the click isnt always there? Is that normal? Or a defect?

Archived