Corsair Community

How do I assign multiple actions to the same key, one of which being a mode switch?

Hello everyone.

I have a K70 RGB Rapidfire I'm currently setting up profiles for.

I have made a Profile for Team Fortress 2 (TF2) and I have assigned the F3 and F4 buttons to switch to BLU and RED teams specifically when pressed. I have also made custom modes, one for each team, under my TF2 profile along with custom lighting for each mode.

However inside CUE I can't assign both a "direct switch to mode" and an "execute keypresses" action to the same key at the same time.

What I want it to do when I press F3 is to automatically press the keystroke combination of - 3 (which opens the select team window and presses 3, the shortcut to BLU) and it should also switch my mode to my "BLU" mode in the TF2 profile and the other way around (- 4, and switch to "RED" mode) when F4 is pressed.

I don't get this to work as a button assigned to mode switching in any form don't agree to do anything else, at least from what I have tried so far.

Do any of you guys know if this is even possible within the software?

• 8 months later...

The tutorial shows how to assign both a "direct switch to mode" and an "execute keypresses" action to the same key at the same time.

What you can do is assign 3 to press 3 (which opens the select team window and presses 3, the shortcut to BLU) and switch your mode to "BLU", and within that profile assign to 4 to send keystroke 4 and switch to "RED" mode).

Now if you follow the tutorial, you can see that it is easy to generalize this, so that you can use F3 to send "3" and switch modes to "BLU" and F4 to type 4 and switch mode to "RED", as the string that is sent is in the profile.

You can experiment with key remapping for F3 and F4, which may make it easier for your game to detect.

Archived