Corsair Community

H60 idles at 80c

lololi

Hey guys

After hearing my H60 making a crazy loud noise today I decided to investigate. Upon looking at Core Temp I noticed my cpu temps were shockingly high. From the minute I boot to windows, temps start at 55c and go all the way upto 100 with minimal use. I imagine these temps would be the same with the pump completely uninstalled... PC is very laggy past 90c

I checked the RPM of the pwrfan in the BIOS which was at about 4.5k, normal. I also reseated the pump with new thermal paste. Whilst doing this I noticed that the pump plate might not be seated on the CPU properly, seems to be a gap. This is quite weird considering this system has had almost daily use for 2+ years. I tried rotating it but that didn't help, my mobo has various capacitors pretty close to the cpu bracket. There was some fresh thermal paste on the pump plate but only on the outer edges in a square

Also, I remembered that when I used to power up I'd hear a trickling sound from the pump - I haven't heard that in ageeeeeeees?

Specs:

CM Stormstryker case

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3

i5 2500K (not oc)

Can anyone help me pinpoint the problem and find the best course of resolution? Thanks!

UPDATE: K so I found a way to mount the H60 in which the capacitors don't seem to get in the way - they're slightly lower when the H60 is fully screwed in. I also felt the radiator/tubes which weren't warm at all. So I believe the pump is dead. The idea of it not fitting my mobo properly is unfeasible due to how long I've had this rig. Although I'm not sure when the pump actually died, only today have I started getting lag from my CPU frying itself.

Further update: Pump was broken. Fit a hyper 212 evo today and the temps are back to normal

Archived