Corsair Community

Poor SSD performance (sata3+intel controler)

Hi everyone I'm new here:cool:

I've just bought a force 3 128gig and I'm getting these poor results

my m.b is asrock extreme3 gen3

intel controler

sata3 6gig

AHCI mode is enabled

all driver instaled

firmware 5.02

attachment.php?attachmentid=10970&stc=1&d=1341921591

What should i do ?:(:

1719314978_force3128gig.jpg.9297dce974031a6e7cc44b7aafe3310c.jpg

Thank You Toasted

But why windows 7 welcome screen take 6 or 7 second to passed ?

My freind have same ssd but his welcome screen passed in 1 or 2 second!

And same in photoshop cs6!

This problem is related to the ssd?

OP, it depends on what version of Win you installed. Some come with so many services auto-activating, they're like a swiss army knife.

You should go to, eg: TweakGuides.com and Black Viper's site, and tweak your comp.

Things like tablet service, media center service and all kinds of other junk are not needed if you're just making a fast gaming rig.

If you're a computer baby-sitter type (IE: you like to just spend 1 day of the week to just tweak and update your comp), you can turn things like windows update, background intelligent transfer, etc to manual mode. That will keep them from running on start. They will start up when you manually click to check for windows updates. This would mean you have to manually check for updates, though.

You could also turn off the indexer service or tons of other stuff based on how you'll use your comp. I've got mine stripped down to classic (ie: no aero) view, no indexer, manual windows updating, tons of other junk turned off. My comp, from post to desktop, takes about 10 seconds. Some people's comps won't even finish the flying windows logo, others will. Mine finishes the flying windows logo then goes immediately to the login screen. A boot time of 5s vs 10s is like splitting hairs.

Likewise, very easily, just do Start > Run > Msconfig, and turn off any startup progs that you don't need. Almost everything in the startup list can get shut-off. Every program these days is primma donna thinking it needs some auto-starting service or updater or what-not to run and hog your computer. Switch everything off except the basics, like anti-virus.

Also, in Win Vista - 7, MS decided to start using the Task Scheduler to make things run instead of running them as independant services that were tsr's (terminate stay resident ... in memory). Go into Task Scheduler via Admin Tools, and click to see all running tasks and such. Delete the tasks that are running, so they won't run again. Have to be careful, b/c you don't want to delete the tasks out of the task scheduler library (it has a lib of tasks you can add to the TS)...you just want to delete them from the "what's running" queue.

Like the startup progs, basically everything in the TS can get removed. Some are for stuff your desktop will never do, eg: I think there's a task that checks every few minutes to see if you're roaming, and will auto-switch your wifi to whatever network is near. You won't roam with a desktop, and hardly anyone will be walking and using a laptop at the same time. Most everyone will be stationary at their wifi base. So, this task is something a mobile phone or tablet might use, but not your desktop. But, it'll startup and run every X times it's setup to.

Thank You Toasted

But why windows 7 welcome screen take 6 or 7 second to passed ?

My freind have same ssd but his welcome screen passed in 1 or 2 second!

And same in photoshop cs6!

This problem is related to the ssd?

Hi,

what driver are You using for the SATA controller? In my system, using the standard AHCI driver that comes with Windows 7 makes the PC "pause" for some seconds when the Win7 welcome screen first appears. When I switched to the Intel AHCI driver, this lag almost disappeared. But, as I wrote in other posts, I experienced stability issues with the Intel driver, and was forced to revert to the standard Windows 7 AHCI driver.

Regards,

Filippo

Archived