Corsair Community

My H55 water Cooler is making loud noises

TitanRoboDuck

my pump the H55(i think) that cooles the prosseser has begon to make weird sounds when i start the computer and when it is turned on. i have tried to fix this with cleaning the heatsink to see if the problem was the fan no beinge able to cool cause of dust. i have also tried turn on my pc while holding on to the heatsink holding it over the punp and gently tapping to no result either.

i don't know it the pump is simply broken because when i start my computer it quikly starts to get hot especaly the tubes.i am afrade to use my computer for the fear that i will toast the prosser. i bought it a littel over 2 years ago. should i buy a new?

any sugestions are apreciated.

It sounds like you may a flow problem. Steady and continual warming as well the warm tubes suggest the same. Can you see a reported speed in either your BIOS or monitoring software for the motherboard header where the H55 is connected?

The likely next step is to RMA the cooler if you have the purchase receipt or begin shopping for another replacement.

i instaled some software to check the speed. but i could only finde the speed of the fans where fan on had a rpm of a littel under 1600 and the second had a fan speed of a littel under 1200 rpm. but i can also se in the software that the heat increeses fast when ever i run any thing and it hits the point where the program showes a fire sumbol at about 50 deg celcius and over. havend realy paid attencion to what tempetures it has reached before. so don't know how bad it is.

Archived