Corsair Community

New 4000x Build thoughts and questions

Building a new pc for my 11 yo daughter for Xmas.

Went for a 4000x white / grey case, which is absolutely stunning! It’s been a few years since I’ve built From scratch and tbh the Corsair instructions were a little lacking, especially with regards to the fans / controller.

But as I say the case is absolutely brilliant. Really great quality, fantastic cable management and rgb front fans look amazing.

The iCue software is pretty cool and there appears to be endless customisation choices.

I’ve fitted a NZXT Z63 to the i9:10850 which also looks the biz, but took me a little while to figure how to mount radiator - wasn’t enough room at the top as I planned, so had to go behind the front fans. Resulted in a push pull setup which seams to give very good cooling.

Samsung 970 evo plus on Asus b460f is blooming insane. Loaded windows from usb3.0 flash drive in less than 2 minutes!

Waiting for the 3070, but put in 1070gtx to test. Got some nice FPS.

Come across a few queries to which I would welcome any advice ...

1. 3 fans but only 2 headers on motherboard.

So I’ve looked this up and the solution appears to be 4 pin splitter for 2 fans to run off 1 header. The query I have with this is.....

Will the fans all run at the same speed? I guess the the 2 fans sharing the header will split the voltage and run at a slower speed than the 3rd.

2. 2933 vengence RAM showing in win10 as 2666.

Ok not a massive drop but I’m just interested why this is the case.

3. What to do about exhaust fan?

Case doesn’t come with exhaust fan, should I get one? Was thinking about getting a white Corsair RGB, but wasn’t sure about the extra cables as I quite like the neat minimalistic look behind the glass. There is a spare header near the cpu, but I guess I would have to route the rgb cable to the rgb hub (rear side)

Well had some fun building, few things to sort before sending to Santa. She’s going to love it!:laughing:

Edited by Stumpy&Frumpy

• 1 month later...